Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019

Old 05-09-2019, 01:08 PM

Default Application Manager. Managing what?

I have to say that I'm grateful PT2019.5 is here, but you'd think the Application Manager–with all its managing powers–would let you know an update is available.

It literally serves no function except to launch Pro Tools which I can do from my dock. There's a plugin tab which is largely irrelevant.

I really don't get it. Most managers, like Native Instruments, Spectrasonics, XLN Audio, etc. actually have great UIs that are easy to see and understand and actually make updating things easy peasy. Even Waves of all companies has a decent manager with Waves Central.

Shocking but not shocking.

I know... "quit yer bitchin'" and you're right. There are bigger problems in the world.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:17 PM

Default Re: Application Manager. Managing what?

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...on-manager-app
Old 05-09-2019, 01:19 PM

Application Manager has been replaced by Avid Link. The installer(s) should be in my.avid.com/products but can be found in the KB as well. Mine's showing 2019.5 available - I have PT 2018.12 and PTF 2018.7 installed.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzldzl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Application Manager has been replaced by Avid Link. The installer(s) should be in my.avid.com/products but can be found in the KB as well. Mine's showing 2019.5 available - I have PT 2018.12 and PTF 2018.7 installed.
Thanks. This is great. I'm getting "Can't be installed on this disk" ... but I'm sure I can sort it out.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
Thanks. This is great. I'm getting "Can't be installed on this disk" ... but I'm sure I can sort it out.
Link or PT? I signed into Link and clicked Update for PT, it's downloading now...
Old 05-09-2019, 02:13 PM

Installing...
Old 05-09-2019, 02:34 PM

Update completed successfully. Let us know if you have any additional info to share.
Old 05-09-2019, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Update completed successfully. Let us know if you have any additional info to share.
I can't install Link... says can't install on this drive. I have a brand new Mac Mini.
Old 05-09-2019, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkbross View Post
I can't install Link... says can't install on this drive. I have a brand new Mac Mini.
(it's not actually "brand new" right, you've had older version of Pro Tools, Application Manager and other software installed on this system?).

I had no problems installing Avid Link on Mojave. Went right over the top of Application Manager in my case with no problems--it's specifically designed to do that.

The error message looks a bit unusual. What is the exact error text and when does it occur? Can you post a screenshot. Do you get asked for a password to for the install? Did you try to change the install drive from the default?

Some random guesses for things to try: Make sure your user account is an "admin" account. I would try downloading another copy of the installer from your Avid Account. Unplug all disks except for the single boot drive from the computer, reboot and try again.

If you do get Avid Link running check your privacy settings as noted here http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=404584
Old 05-11-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
(it's not actually "brand new" right, you've had older version of Pro Tools, Application Manager and other software installed on this system?).

I had no problems installing Avid Link on Mojave. Went right over the top of Application Manager in my case with no problems--it's specifically designed to do that.

The error message looks a bit unusual. What is the exact error text and when does it occur? Can you post a screenshot. Do you get asked for a password to for the install? Did you try to change the install drive from the default?
I actually downloaded it again and it install just fine this time. The first .dmg must have been corrupt or something. Thanks for your reply.