Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 08:10 PM

Default protools mastering and seamless cd play between tracks...

Ok I have a intro and then track 1 and they are on one session and actually just like part of the first song, but the band wants the cd to be split into track 1 (intro) and track to the song itself. It needs to play seamless between tracks or its gonna sound chopped. Is there a way to do this with protools or would i need to somehow do this with like nero (cd burning software) or something.

Please any help on this would be great.......
Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 PM

Default Re: protools mastering and seamless cd play between tracks...

CD track designations are controlled by the CD burning software. Nero would probably not be the best CD authoring software, but there is a program in the full Nero package called Nero SoundTrax that would be better than the standard Nero Burning ROM.

A better choice would be a more professional CD Authoring software like Sony CD Architect, or Steinberg Wavelab.

The best choice would be a professional mastering engineer.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 AM

i have done this with nero .bounce the tracks out as one track , then
when you have the tracks set up in nero , in the order you want them to burn in just highlight the track that you want to split.then go over to properties then go up to the tab that says indexing.

this will bring up the track in a wave form similar to protools.so can then see where to split your track.click where you want to split then click ok . done . you have to make sure when you go to burn that you click the box that says no pause between tracks.

that is why if you are going to do this you have to do all of your pauses and fades in protools before bouncing if you want other songs on the c.d. with these that you have split.

hope i helped.sometimes i feel like i know something other times...?
Old 07-11-2008, 07:50 PM

as spk said cd architect.i have done this tons of times w it. it works great, you can even crossfade the songs a bit and set the cd track markers wherever you want to!! these functions alone make it priceless when needed, but has TONS of other uses as well.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10