Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 11:20 AM

Waves may say that, but I downloaded their installer yesterday and it happened to me. Ran the pref killer app and it fixed it.
Old 09-26-2015, 09:33 AM

Default Re: Waves AAX Error

In my case,
I removed all my waves authorizations to the wave license cloud,
Then I re-installed WLC from the "Waves_Complete_V9r30.dmg" instead of doing this from the separated WLC installer I downloaded.
And then re-sent my licences to my machine.

Even if the WLC was the same version (9.3.0), it seems to make a difference. May be it works because the WLC and the plug-ins were installed from the SAME Waves_Complete installer.

Try this ?

A french user

Last edited by boitason; 09-26-2015 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:00 AM

Default Re: Waves AAX Error

I just worked through this issue with WAVES tech support on one of our HD systems and will be doing the same today and tomorrow on the rest.
Here are the steps:

1. Turn off any anti-virus.
2. Go to the Waves Application Folder and copy your AAX WaveShell.
3. Go to the Library folder (not the hidden one) HD>Library>Application Support>Avid>Audio>Plugins and paste the WaveShell into the folder, overwriting the existing WaveShell.
4. Drop down in the same Audio folder to the UNUSED plugins and delete any WaveShell.
5. Empty the trash
6. Launch ProTools. When the WaveShell Window pops up, rescan, this should now load your Waves plugins.
7. Once ProTools has launched, you should be able to turn anti-virus back on. If it causes an issue, make an exception within your anti-virus for both ProTools and Waves.
8. IF you have secondary users without admin privileges on the same machine, repeat 1-5 above. When ProTools asks for the plugin location folder, choose Applications>Waves>Version x.x Plugins and they should load for that user as well.

Hope this helps everyone. I've been fighting this one for about a week on 4 different machines.