Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-13-2013, 12:47 PM

Default Fast Track Amplification issue

I have a fast track and my issue is with my 'new' amp. I was connecting my FT to an onkyo amp via aux/cd input and then cranking it up to vol 50... this gave me control with my FT and I just used that to control volume levels (of course, I could adjust vol on receiver when needed).

I just picked up a Samson Servo 120 and even with it boosted to the max, I can get a proper signal from the FT.

Do I need to get a preamp to boost the signal from the FT? That seems odd, but, I can't think of another way. The amp is trying to boost a signal that appears to be almost non-existent--I do get plenty of distortion and a low signal when I crank everything up.

I am using rca input/outputs. Would converting the RCA to TRS and using that do anything? I wouldn't think so, but, you never know.

I connected the amp to my Tape output and it does boost the signal cleanly when I turned on the radio. I thought about trying the phono input, but that would definitely effect the true signal from the DAW.

Any thoughts on this issue would be grateful... I'd really like to keep this amp to power my new NADY monitors.

Thanks,
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Fast Track Amplification issue

Use the Quarter inch outputs of the FT(the RCA outs are -10 and proper for the old receiver, but the new amp is expecting a hotter signal, which the TRS outputs should deliver).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave