Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2013, 04:59 AM

Default avid recording studio with pro tools SE major issues

I bought avid recording studio a few days ago and have had nothing but problems since. First off, i keep getting error messages (9060 and 9053) and even after fixing that issue I can't record a full track without it messing up in some way (when I finish recording a track it won't play back or half way through recording a track it starts getting distorted to the point that I can't hear notes and just becomes noise...and I'm not using a distortion effect). The laptop I'm using has all the requirements to run the program but there's obviously something wrong with either the pro tools SE or the m-audio fast track. I'm new to avid products so I don't know if there is always bugs like this that you have to work out but I'm starting to regret buying it. Please help if you have any clue how to fix these issues
Old 07-02-2013, 05:36 AM

Default Re: avid recording studio with pro tools SE major issues

One thing I forgot to mention is that the distorted craziness doesn't only happen when I'm recording, it also happens when I'm listening to the demo tracks. It always starts off fine but half way through the track everything gets distorted and you can hear notes, just a scatrchy distorted noise.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:47 PM

Default Re: avid recording studio with pro tools SE major issues

Sorry, I just realized there is already a few posts on this subject. Could someone explain to me why having an external hard drive would get rid of this fuzzy, distorted noise problem? I don't see the link between the two. My laptop has tons of free space so why would me going out buying more free space fix an issue I'm having with Pro Tools SE? Seems kinda strange to me