Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 01-18-2009, 11:44 AM

Arrow unable to install bfd lite for pro tools 8 because newer version already exists??!

So far i have had only positive experiences with pro tools 8 but i have run into one snag. when attempting to install BFD lite (the version that came with pro tools 8) i receive a message stating that it is unable to install because a newer version already exists. well after using spotlight to find and remove everything, as well as manually searching out files for bfd and or fxpansion, repairing disk permissions, and trashing preferences and databases, I still receive the same message. I am at a loss and have no idea what to do next, if anyone has any ideas please chime in. maybe there is a file that i have not found....?
UA610 pre's / Chameleon Labs 7602mkII pre's / Chameleon labs 7802 stereo opto tube compressor/ Mackie hr824 monitors
Old 01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Avid

Default Re: unable to install bfd lite for pro tools 8 beacause newer version already exists?

Which version are you trying to install and have you tried installing the latest version available from the Fxpansion website?
Old 01-19-2009, 04:56 PM

Default Re: unable to install bfd lite for pro tools 8 beacause newer version already exists?

I have been trying to install the version that came with the pro tools 8 download. out of sheer frustration and curiosity i attempted to install an older version today. The version that came on the ignition pack 2 disc, and it installed without a hitch. i have not tried any installers from the fxpansion site because i thought that digidesign did all the support for the lite versions for le. Is there a newer version on that site?

I just checked the fxpansion website and am not allowed access to the downloads area as the version of bfd lite 1.5 that came with the ignition pack 2 did not require registration. the version i have been unsuccessful in installing is installer fxpansion_bfd_lite_56390.dmg.
UA610 pre's / Chameleon Labs 7602mkII pre's / Chameleon labs 7802 stereo opto tube compressor/ Mackie hr824 monitors

Last edited by Digitopian; 01-19-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: new info:
Old 01-20-2009, 01:42 AM

Same problem here. Upgraded from PT 7.3.x LE to PT 8 LE. Then upgraded from BFD Lite 1.0 to BFD Lite 1.5 then BFD Lite 1-5-48-6 (bfd_lite_v15486_50662.dmg). When installing 1-5-48-6, I get to the "Select a Destination" part of the installer and the Macintosh HD has a red exclamation mark on it and a message at the bottom says:

"You cannot install BFD Lite 1-5-48-6 on this volume. A newer version of this software already exists on this volume."

Any ideas Digi?

Thanks
raw
Old 01-20-2009, 09:40 AM

What raw is describing is precisely what i experienced. At this point i would be happy with one of two things; either a solution so that i can get the newest version installed, or directions on removing bfd lite completely from my mac. I really dont use it that much and apparently I am unclear how to remove all traces of this plug. Any help from digi or other users would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
Avid

Try deleting the BFDlite.pkg receipt from MacHD>Library>Receipts and try the installer again.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:07 PM

Yes, this fixed the problem. Thanks.

raw
Old 02-07-2009, 08:06 AM

I tried installing the BFD Lite download and when I got to "Select a Destination" my Glyph drive had an exclamation mark through it, with this message: "You cannot install BFD Lite 1-5-48-6 on this volume. You can only install this software on the running Mac OS X volume." I've never installed BFD Lite to my audio drive.

Mike
Old 04-25-2009, 12:00 PM

For some reason. I cant figure out how to install the old version of BFD Lite on my Mac Pro running Leopard. The disk wont even mount. I downloaded all the updates but there is no sound library since the original disk hasn't been installed.

Anyone out there know how I would go about getting it installed?