Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2008, 08:48 PM

Default Upgrade protool mpowered 7.4 academic version inquiry?

Hi all,

My protools mpowered is 7.1 and it is an academic version. Now i want to upgrade it to the latest version, 7.4 since I see how my friends work it. Their version is regular, except for mine. I can't find any info on the upgrade 7.4 academic version. any help on the link where i can get my copy upgrade? I understand I must pay for the upgrade.

many thanks.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:42 PM

As long as you REGISTER your software you will be able to upgrade to 7.4. Price varies as to when you purchased it (I think)
I bought Academic on Ebay by an "authorized dealer" over a year ago. Forgot to register it (dumb) and can't find original registration card (dumber); Digidesign / Avid will NOT allow me to upgrade to 7.4 under ANY circumstances even though they can search and see that my SERIAL NUMBER has never been used. It's the Registration number they want. As long as you have that number...you might even be able to upgrade free. If online is confusing just call them and they'll direct you.