Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 09:19 AM

Default NO SOUND. Nada, Zilch, Zero...

Happy Sunday!

MY SYSTEM: MBox2 on a PC. Using Creative speakers with an attached subwoofer and a Heil PR-30 Mic.

MY ISSUES:

(1) I can not hear sound from both speakers. The left speaker plugs into the subwoofer unit. The right speaker has 2 cords. I've plugged the right speaker's first cord into the subwoofer. The right speaker's second cord is light green at the end--this cord is traditionally plugged into the back of the computer (color coordinating with a light green label and opening on the back of the computer) I've plugged this second cord into a "Stereo to Mono Headphone Plug Adapter." I've then plugged this adapter into a "Y-Cable, Stereo 1/4" to Two Mono 1/4" breakout cable.

This breakout cable is then plugged into my M Box's back panel labeled "Mon In, Left and Right"

When I do this, I only receive sound from the Right speaker.

I know this setup is incorrect, but any ideas on how to fix this?

(2) My Mic is plugged into the Input 1 opening on my M Box's back panel. When I look at my Mix window in Pro Tools and speak into the mic, and press the Record button--I do see level fluctuations on my channel strip. However, NO wave form appears. Thus, I can't see OR playback any sound.

I've tried to change the input type for this mono voice track. However, when I go to this track's interface, I only have 4 options: In 1 (Mono), In 2 (Mono), S/PDIF L (Mono), S/PDIF R (Mono). In 1 (Mono) is checked. There is no Mic/Line 1 (Mono) or Mic/Line 2 (Mono).

Do I need to add the mic and/or speakers as I/O inputs? Or add the mic and speakers, as hardware? What is a girl to do?

Any suggestions that you have...would be super appreciative.

Thank you.