Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Default DAE 9019 and 9031 Errors! Help Please

I have just started getting these errors.

I start playback, the system hangs, and I get a "DAE is having trouble keeping up blah blah" Error 9019 I click ok and instantly get DAE error 9031.

I have seen lots of folks on the web and the forums getting this error.

Its now happening on every session. I can only get about 3 mins of work done before it happens again. Its Sooo annoying!!

I have PTLE 8.04
Quad Core Mac 2.66
Digi 003R

All of my drives are compatible. and formatted properly. They are all internal Audio and sample drives, separate from the system drive.

IT seems to be a pretty wide spread problem from what I'm reading.

Has there been a fix for this yet?
Old 07-28-2010, 03:23 AM

Default Re: DAE 9019 and 9031 Errors! Help Please

Although I haven't tried, apparently the solution is to make sure the audio drives are partitioned as guid partitions and not apple partition map partitions.

Disc utility will give this info, I don't have time to copy data back and forth. I experienced these nasty lock ups on 8.0.3 and 8.0.4 also.

I'm back on 8.0cs3 because it just seems to work.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 AM

Thanks for the reply,

I have seen a huge thread that you posted on this issue. Last night I went back to 8.0 no cs updates, I was thinking of going to 8.0.1 just to be a little bit more current. but what I'm finding out is that 8.0.1 Core Audio Driver Broke a few things as well.

Anyway, How do I partition as a guid? and what does that mean?

There really is only one reason I want to go to 8.0.4, and that's that import session data retains and imports my track colors. Other than that, I didn't see any improvements
Old 07-28-2010, 07:52 AM

I found this article on how to Partition as GUID.

HERE

I know its from a FCP forum, but its a step by step on the bottom of the page.

I'll try it tonight

Old 07-28-2010, 08:10 AM

We were also driven back to an earlier version due to these errors, but all 4 of our internal serial ATAs (2 audio, 1 samples, 1 OS) already are and always were GUID. So I certainly wouldn't go to too much trouble trying this as a solution.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:56 AM

From Digi:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=352655

Formatting Instructions - Mac OS X
Supported formatting utility: Disk Utility, included with Mac OS X

Open from the following location: Applications->Utilities->Disk Utility, or in the Apple Menu when booted from the OS X installation CD.
From the list of drives on the left, select the actual drive (the one on top, with the GB and drive manufacturer listed) rather than the user defined name of the drive below it.
Choose either the Erase or Partition tab
Choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled) - also known as HFS+
If you plan on using your drive on both Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X, check the box next to "Install Mac OS 9 Drivers".

Macintosh Journaled File System Recommended for Pro Tools

Mac OS X 10.3 and higher incorporates a journaled file system, which will automatically log any file modifications. If your computer crashes badly enough to require a restart (or a restart from a power failure), the OS will then use the journal to aid in fixing any disk problems caused by the crash.

Mac OS X 10.3 and higher ships with journaling on by default. Digidesign now recommends that customers format their media drives with journaling turned on. When using Apple"s Disk Utility program to format drives, Digidesign recommends choosing "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)" format, instead of "Mac OS Extended."

To enable journaling on an existing drive in Mac OS X 10.3:

Run the Apple Disk Utility, located in Application/Utilities.
Select the disk or volume in the left column of the Disk Utility windows.
Click "Enable Journaling" in the toolbar, or choose "Enable Journaling" or Command+J from the File menu

If you want to turn journaling off for any reason, select the volume and choose "Disable Journaling" or Command +J in the File menu of Disk Utility. Note that disabling journaling will slow recovery if your system has to be rebooted to recover from a kernel panic or power failure.

Note: Mac OS 10.4 and higher includes two new formatting options:

Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)
Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive)

Digidesign has not tested these new formatting options with Pro Tools, and therefore these are not recommended. Please choose the following option for drive formatting:

Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:22 PM

Ok....

VERY FRUSTRATED TONIGHT

I went to version 8.0.1 thinking that that would make it better until a fix for the errors came along.

Well...I noticed that none of my standalone apps like Native Instruments Kontakt and Machine could see the Core Audio Driver Anymore!
I checked the sys prefs for the OS and the 003 isn't there anymore,

I installed a CS up date nothing....
trashed PTLE prefs,
the install apartenly reverted to the Core audio 8.0 driver. I had to go back to 8.0.4 to get the functionality of my third party apps back...with the 8.0.4 CAM.....not happy.

after trying everything....I'm back where I started getting those Dame 9031 and 3019 errors on Every Dam Session!! Come on Digi this is really ridiculous at this point, there are tons of threads on the net about this particular issue.....is it at least slated for a fix in an upcoming CS update? Gimme something!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:25 AM

Quote:
the install apartenly reverted to the Core audio 8.0 driver. I had to go back to 8.0.4 to get the functionality of my third party apps back...with the 8.0.4 CAM.....not happy.
Could you install the standalone 8.0.3 core audio drivers over the top? I've not actually tried it because the 8.0.1 driver works ok for us, but the installer seems to run without complaining that PT is already installed so I can't see why it wouldn't work.

The download is here (save you the pain of the appalling website navigation)

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=362883

Not that it's a long-term solution of course, but might keep you running for now. The last post I saw from DigiTechSupt on this matter they were not acknowledging it as a bug, so I wouldn't hold your breath for a fix.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 AM

suicune,

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of doing that, but with all the warnings on the Digi site about not installing the standalone driver if you have pro tools installed kind of put me off.

So right now I"m back at 8.0.4. are you saying I should go back to 8.0.1 and install the 8.0.3 Core Audio driver over that?

I would think that this problem the errors that is, is related to the core audio driver no? just a thought.

Thanks for the link BTW. if I had to find it myself, I would have had to take a day off of work to navigate through that site, Probably would have went through 3 pots of coffee until I found it.

That web site is the worst!!

hearing that digi really isn't on top of this, really isn't that surprising. I work for an Avid partner on the Video side... and I talk to customers all day long about how bad AVID is at handling this stuff.

I don't even take sales calls anymore I take complaints.....what the hell is going on?

anyway. DigiTechSupport should really chime in and tell us something, as of right now my expensive (to me) Pro Tools rig is useless
Old 07-29-2010, 07:42 AM

Quote:
So right now I"m back at 8.0.4. are you saying I should go back to 8.0.1 and install the 8.0.3 Core Audio driver over that?
Yes that's what I was suggesting. I tell you what, I can give it a try tomorrow and let you know if it works, save you reinstalling again. I can't try now as am with a client. We're in 8.0.1cs2, but don't really need the system sound output so that particular issue never bothered me. We're on HD mind you, but the core audio installer is the same so I can't see that would make any difference.