Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Weird Playback record issue

So I have a problem whenever I record a project at one studio on a diffrent TDM or DIGI 001 system, I get a flaw that their systems have as well in those projects and only those. So I will be recording at their studio and if I hit Record first it take FORECVER before it starts up and actually starts playing and recording. Where as if I just hit Play and then use Quick Punch to just get right into recording a milisecond later it starts up just fine. My home system never does this unless I start the project on their systems. So meaning if I start the session at home I dont have this problem. How do I solve this??????
Old 01-12-2003, 11:01 AM

Default Re: Weird Playback record issue

Quote:
Originally posted by Caution767:
So I have a problem whenever I record a project at one studio on a diffrent TDM or DIGI 001 system, I get a flaw that their systems have as well in those projects and only those. So I will be recording at their studio and if I hit Record first it take FORECVER before it starts up and actually starts playing and recording. Where as if I just hit Play and then use Quick Punch to just get right into recording a milisecond later it starts up just fine. My home system never does this unless I start the project on their systems. So meaning if I start the session at home I dont have this problem. How do I solve this??????
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ok a few things...what system do you have at home? as far as is "it only happening at there studio then coming to yous" they may have there preferances set differnet then yours. you may want to try this and see what happeneds. creat the session on your system such as MST FD's AUD TRK's then do a save to disk put it on a cd r/w then go to theres and load the session off the r/w and when your done with the session put it back on r/w then load into your system and see if it still does it...

next thing is in the prefrances of PT, i cant remmeber what tab its under and i will post once i get back to my studio which should be monday, you will wanna change a preferance and limmit the recording time say....15 minutes. instede of unlimmited or the 60 min setting. agian it all depends on the system you have. if its HD, and you have a large session say 7 gb or more... it will take a long time to search the drives and stuff.
what kinda HD do you run firewire?

Sorry for the miss spellings i was rushin
Old 01-12-2003, 01:38 PM

Default Re: Weird Playback record issue

Besides the open-ended allocation in the prefs... also check that DAE buffer (in the DAE app) is set to 2, and that the countoff in record (it's toggled with the 8 key) isn't enabled.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••