Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 03:26 PM

Default MEMORY ERROR MESSAGES- Strange memory loss

Hi I wondered if anyone else has experienced this problem.

I load up a couple of VI's

Kontakt x2

BFD x1

Omnisphere x1

I try to load a patch and I start getting error messages saying not memory left to load the sounds and try to to use lite versions or reduce plugins ....

I then close pro tools and then reopen session and then it continues as normal and i can load the exact same patch that i got the previous message about ?

HAs this happened to anyone else and is this a bug ???

Is there a workaround ?

I am running Pro Tools 8.0.4 on a 8core 2.4 Mac Pro Westmere new model

Please advise

Many thanks
Old 09-21-2010, 03:26 PM

Default Re: MEMORY ERROR MESSAGES- Strange memory loss

Please guys any help ???
Old 09-22-2010, 02:44 PM

No help from anyone how unfriendly ?
Old 09-22-2010, 04:33 PM

I have experienced something like this before. It happens occasionally when i have the same plug-in open on about 7 or 8 tracks. An error message pops up and says to close some RTAS plug-ins due to me not having enough memory, and to up my CPU usage in the Playback Engine.

I unfortunately dont know the solution to this problem. The only fix i've been able to do is to bypass some of the RTAS plug-ins when i dont absolutely need to listen to that track. Its a pain in the a**, and would like some solution too.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwill2008 View Post
No help from anyone how unfriendly ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsguitarest
I have experienced something like this before.Its a pain in the a**, and would like some solution too.
One of the things you can do to be more specific is show the entire systems you have and all the steps you have taken on your own. This way people reading it can see things like whether you have a dedicated audio drive for example or whether you have disabled journalling etc etc. Otherwise, how can we possibly determine what might be going on.

This is partly why these kinds of posts get no replies.

Do some of your own homework folks...try some things before getting on here and asking a question with no information and then criticizing the folks here for not answering.

Go to the top of the front page of this sub forum. Go to Customer Assist and try following all the optimization info there on video. Make sure you have a separate audio drive. Find out how many processors it is best to use on a computer like yours. How much memory do you have? Have you trashed prefs and repaired permissions....... etc go through all the stuff about turning off Spotlight and Airport, disable journal indexing all that stuff and also make sure all your plugs are approved and up to date.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 09-23-2010, 06:09 AM

Hi,
it´s the case that Pro Tools still runs w/ 32-Bit and therefore has the 3GB-limit. If you load in samples in Omnisphere, etc. the 3GB limit is very fast full. You can e.G outsource the memory load of the Virtual instruments. E.G. in Omnisphere you can go to the system page>Streaming>Mode>put this to server and the loaded samples are not counted to Pro Tools aquired memory and Pro Tools has more memory headroom. We are waiting for the 64-Bit version so that the memory aquiring limits are past then. I hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2010, 08:14 AM

What is strange is that I can use Omnisphere all day and perhaps with an instance of Trilian and Superior Drummer or Drumcore. But if I try load Xpand,even if it is a brand new session and Xpand is the only instrument up, I get the 9006 error and the plug in goes to inactive.Done. No way out.

I am going to try that with Omnisphere. I did not know that. Thanks.
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)