Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM

Default Find you audio file

When you in a project editing, resizing an audio file for example and lets say this audio file is " audio 1" then you obtain another file called "audio 1-01" or something like that you know....

Question:

1/ Can we find those 2 files thrue spotlight if they are on the disk of course ?

Coz i dont know why but i dont always find them, whereas im sure they are on this disk...
Old 02-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Find you audio file

If by 'resizing' you mean trimming, then this creates a new clip in Pro Tools but does not create a new audio file - it's just a pointer to the audio in the original file. If you process the file in any way (audiosuite, render elastic, etc) then you will get a new file. You can always view filename in the clip bin to see if it's a different parent file.

If all your disks are spotlight-enabled, then you should be able to find them through spotlight. That said, using a dedicated find utility such as Easyfind or Findanyfile may be a better way to go. You can also always view and reveal file locations from the session browser window.

best,
rich

----------------------------------------
MacPro 5,1 Dual Hex, OS 10.12.6, PT 2018 HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, Avid C24.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Find you audio file

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
If by 'resizing' you mean trimming, then this creates a new clip in Pro Tools but does not create a new audio file - it's just a pointer to the audio in the original file. If you process the file in any way (audiosuite, render elastic, etc) then you will get a new file. You can always view filename in the clip bin to see if it's a different parent file.

If all your disks are spotlight-enabled, then you should be able to find them through spotlight. That said, using a dedicated find utility such as Easyfind or Findanyfile may be a better way to go. You can also always view and reveal file locations from the session browser window.

best,
rich
oK THAANK A LOT MAN !
so IF Make a loop from an audio file, i will not find it thrue spotlight because PT will not create another file right ? I will just be able to find the root file right ???