Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 08-07-2009, 12:46 PM

Default french electro and pro tools track ideas

hey yallz

my names's tracy, im a beginner to pro tools using it on an:

ibook g4
os X 10.7.11
pro tools m powered 7.0

started doing some music, (maybe if im less shy in the future i can drop the myspace:P) but for now im really interested in peoples' pro tools track setups!

i really feel like i dont know what im doing, and i might as well just be using garageband!

i need creative track setup tips!

right now mines like:

one track is my kick
one track is a snare
two tracks are hi hat (1 volume lower than the other, for ..some kind of rhythm)
one (or two) track(s) maybe a hi hat loop or percussive loop
one (or two) track(s) some samples
one (or two) track(s) a midi instrument
one (or two) track(s) a sample
one track is my reverb send
and then the master.

usually i like to put a compressor right on my master and have the kicks duck the rest of the track, like, tell me how wrong that is.

i know there are "no rules" when it comes to pro tools, but someone please give me a clue as to how you would set yours up. basic yall

this is what im into,

Danger: http://www.myspace.com/2emedanger

Busy P http://www.myspace.com/busyp

Surkin (kavinsky's son) http://www.myspace.com/surkin

not very basic [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep]..i know

tried to get my justice on, so i downloaded a glitch effect, but i'd like to use the glitch effect (ie;effectrix) throughout a whole composition, not just the 1 measure of the bar my glitch effect is looping, i'd like to bring it in here and there. i think i can do this with some midi routing, but im still new to routing midi, and seriously have no clue.

how about the synths, how are they creating those punch you in the face synth sounds that usually end with a wild pitch bend? i can do the pitch bend(...), but as for the synths, what are they? model examples, lfo adjustments, etc..

is this all to much to ask!?! i mean i did do a search on french electro on the whole duc page and I cant find anything!!??

again, in sum, i need new track setup ideas for french electro in pro tools 7.0!!!!!

guys im lost!

trac

ps, if im missing any relevant information about my OS or "what it is i am exactly asking", please just be kind :)

also tks for reading