Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2004, 12:13 PM

Default synch Pro Tools LE with video from DV camera??

Does anyone know how to do this? I have an MBox and an 002 and a Digital Handycam Camcorder DCR-VX2100 and need to synch audio to it.

Please help if you have any information about how to do this in an inexpensive manner.

Andrew
Old 09-21-2004, 12:34 PM

Default Re: synch Pro Tools LE with video from DV camera??

digitize your video and audio into iMovie, FCP, premiere, or whatever..

find the video files that were captured.

import them into Pro tools using the "movie" menu.

once the video is in session, go to the movie menu... and select extract audio from movie or soemthing like that.

edit your audio, then bounce the movie to a dv file (original codec).

open the bounced movie back up in your video app and export to the camera.

that might be no help as you did say sync. i dont think it's possible without some more hardware to actually "sync". why would you need to though?
Old 09-21-2004, 12:45 PM

Yeah that would work for post production, but in terms of production is there a way? I will be trying to film a concert and wanted to record to Pro Tools LE for music editing purposes. But for the video I will need some sort of way to synch the two.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:16 PM

I would just use a microphone into pro tools and line up the audio from the dv recorder and the recorded pro tools audio. you'll have to import the DV audio into pro tools to line em up. make sure ya use 48k.

do the 2 audio track method for sync. it'll work.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:50 PM

I would take a feed from pt, even if it was from the headphone out, of a rough stereo mix, and feed it to your camera's mic input. If you have a consumer camera with a stereo mini in you'll want the right cable/pad combo depending on where your feeding it from. Test it first. This will give you an accurate "guide track" without any space induced delay. You'll be able to slide in your mixed music easier.