Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Default music production tool kit V.1 authorization issues

I run a macbook pro, Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 system using a Digi 002r firewire 400 interface. I originally had an M-Box 2 micro that came with the LE software and I bought the Digi 002 used. I faxed in my transfer of ownership documentation around the 13 of january, 2009. With the 002 I bought came the previous owners ikey, of which I have changed the password to, and the Digidesign Music Production Toolkit 1. I installed all of the plug-ins (Trillian Lane Labs plug-ins and the TL space Impulse respnse library) to my external hard drive, a Lacie 1TB 2Big Triple, and tried to access them in pro tools but they did not work. I thought that perhaps I couldn't do that so i installed them onto my main mac hard drive, using up precious space that i did not really want to use for plug-ins. Even then
i can not seem to pen these plug-ins. Must I install the pro-tools LE software that came with the 002? I am using my original copy of PT 7 to record and everything works normally except for getting these plug ins to work. What is my problem? Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:54 AM
Avid

Default Re: music production tool kit V.1 installation issues

Which versions of the plug-ins do you have installed? You should use the appropriate 7.4.2 version installer available from the plug-ins list here:

http://digidesign.com/index.cfm?navi...id=100&mkt=all

Are you getting prompted for authorization for them when you launch Pro Tools? If so, have you verified the iLok actually has the authorization for the particular plug-in?
Old 02-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Default Re: music production tool kit V.1 installation issues

ok so i had not downloaded the drivers and client software for my ilok key and I have now done that. I have also downloaded the software updates for these plugins but it still asks me for licensing authorization at the startup of pro tools which I would think my iLok key would take care of. What concerns me is that this iLok key and my interface were bought used and both of these plus these plug ins were transfered to me. I don't really know how all of this works...does the previous owner need to sent authorization codes to me? I see in my iLok account that I own these plug ins, they are listed in the iLok list on my account. But they just wont seem to go through when I start up pro-tools. Does digi need to send the codes to my account? whats going on? (Update) *I have been looking on my digi account and it says I have no unused activation codes. Something that did further me a bit was plugging the iLok directly into my computer instead of a USB hub, however another snag then occured. I got the message "You iLok has been pending authorization for this software. This most likely means that there is an outstanding challenge in the device for which a response has not been entered. While the pending authorization exists, you may not transfer authorization from the license card to you iLok. Press "Next" to cancel the pending authorization or "cancel" to stop this operation." What do I do? This is so aggravating.