Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2007, 09:20 PM

Default my Mbox 2 isn;t woking with my macbook :(

I have a mbox 2, i use it with my pc a lot, but now i wanto to use it with my recently bought Macbook, i thought only connecting it, it will work,

i have a mbox2, i have used it with my pc and it have woked perfectly, but when i try to use it with my macbook i doesn't work..
my macbook dont see it, it doesnt appeers on the Audio MIDI Setup, it is connected directly on my macbook(no HUB,i have tried the 2 usb ports), when I plug it the usb light on th mbox suppose to turn on but it doesn't, when i use it with my PC it still working perfectly...

i need help please
Old 03-27-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: my Mbox 2 isn;t woking with my macbook :(

The port you should use is the one closest to you. Since you say you have tried both I'm assuming the problem is not just that though. Do you have any other USB devices you can plug in there? The port might be dead....
Old 03-28-2007, 09:57 AM

no, the porst are working perfectly, y can conect my m-audio FastTrack in any of these ports and it works perfectly
Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Have you installed the correct version of Pro Tools LE? Click on Compatibility at the top of the forum, then on "Pro Tools LE Version Compatibility Grid for Mac OS X"
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=23611

The Mbox 2 requires Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 or 7.3.x for an Intel-based Mac like the MacBook.

Also, you mentioned you have the Fast Track. If you have Pro Tools M-Powered installed on that computer and you want to use Pro Tools LE, you must install the same version numbers of both M-Powered and LE on the computer:
Can Different Versions of Pro Tools be Installed on the Same Computer?
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24495

And there is specific information about the USB ports on these compatibility pages that you should be aware of:
Pro Tools LE 7.x with MacBook
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=24328
Old 03-28-2007, 11:18 AM

and what if i only have Pro Tools LE 6.8.1?
i will not work?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 PM

Question Re: my Mbox 2 isn;t woking with my macbook :(

I'm trying to use my piano, organ, etc plug-ins in protools Le 8 by connecting my Midi Interface cable into my Macbook Pro (via USB on the other end of the cable); however, my "Triton Music Workstation" keyboard is still producing the sounds from itself and my plug-ins aren't working at all. I'm not sure if it's a protools problem or a problem with my internal set-ups with the keyboard. Is anyone familiar with this issue?

Micah: confused: