Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 09:58 AM

Default Re: MIXING

Thanks
Old 11-05-2003, 10:09 AM

I don't know about mixing books .. but here's some online stuff:

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

AND this one .. lots of great material:

http://johnvestman.com/secrets_of_mixing.htm

Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 AM

[QUOTE]
I don't know about mixing books .. but here's some online stuff:

http://www.saecollege.de/reference_material/index.html

AND this one .. lots of great material:

http://johnvestman.com/secrets_of_mixing.htm

Thanks alot, these sites especially the last one are incredibly helpfull. This is exactly the type of information I was looking for that I was not coming across in the books Ive read.
Old 11-07-2003, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks Ill take a look at it? Has anyone read this book "The Mixing Engineers Handbook"By Bobby Owsinski

Yes, I have that book and it has been an audio Bible for me! Very intersting, extremely helpful and the best part is that it shares interviews with top pros and how they go about their productions.
Get the book! You will be very happy!

Stormy
Old 11-07-2003, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Yeh thats the one. The reviews say the same thing? Alot of interviews but no specifics?
There are some general things mentioned. However, there are passages that state how to place the kick drum, or how much compression you should use to get certain sounds on certain instruments. It is more specific when talking to the pros in their interviews. The thing is that there are so many topics to cover, so unless the book is specialized in only a few areas, your bound to have some broad questions and answers.
One thing I like about the book is that it gives you what they call "magic frequencys". It explains different freqs in a way that you can relate to. Like saying if you hear muddy sounds, try cutting a little around 200-400 hz. Stuff like that. It is only a reference for you to go by, not a "must eq this way" kind of book.
You should be able to find some free passages from the book online. Anyway, I found it to be very helpful in answering some key questions.

Stormy