Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 09-14-2003, 11:09 AM

Default Assigning Midi Channels

So here is my problem...I'm creating my very own ring tones for my Nokia phone. I create the tracks in Reason- then export them as a midi file into Pro Tools and then assign the appropriate patch numbers from the General Midi guide...it works great except for the drumkit. I see no drumkits on the GM guide. I've read that midi channel 10 is specified for the drumkit.

So my question is how do I assign my midi drum track in Pro Tools to this channel?

(I can assign the drum tracks in the Qucktime Player, but once I save it, it is no longer recognized as a midi file by any apps- including the phone.)

thanks
Old 09-14-2003, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Assigning Midi Channels

Hi skyhawk,

when you say "saving the file" do you mean saving the file!???

If so, this is why it's not working, saving it saves the session.

If you meant "bouncing" it is also a no go since your file becomes an aiff wave(or whatever it was set to save it as)

You have to export MIDI, and don't forget to add the ".mid" extension

Hope this helps

Ben

PTLE 5.1.1 Digi001 MacOS9.2.2 Yikes!400MHz
Old 09-14-2003, 09:44 PM

Default Re: Assigning Midi Channels

I figured it out now...not in Pro Tools, but with the Quicktime Player.

And as far as your point about saving- I was exporting midi from Pro Tools- my question was how to assign channels to certain midi tracks.

Thanks for the response