Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashsastry View Post
Hi - I am facing the same problem intially stated on the top of the thread.
Windows xp with protools 7.4 + mbox 2 pro is my set up.

MIDI incoming is not recognized by the pro tools 7.4. I tried out all the options sited in help us help you link given by TSAP.

Please let me know if anyone has break opened this issue.

Regards,
Abhilash
We're going to need more info on your system. See my post above yours - where I direct people to the General Troubleshooting and Help Us Help You threads...
Old 09-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Default Re: Recording MIDI on ProTools

I have the same problem with Motif 7,002 le 6.9and mac osx tiger10.4.3. Though midi I can get a sound source and even record it but unable to hear pre or post record.Using the motif through the line/instrument inputs gets a good signal but thats a poor second option.Any ideas?
Old 09-18-2008, 08:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme View Post
I have the same problem with Motif 7,002 le 6.9and mac osx tiger10.4.3. Though midi I can get a sound source and even record it but unable to hear pre or post record.Using the motif through the line/instrument inputs gets a good signal but thats a poor second option.Any ideas?
We need more info - see the Help Us Help You thread for more about what we need to know and try the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhilashsastry View Post
Hi - I am facing the same problem intially stated on the top of the thread.
Windows xp with protools 7.4 + mbox 2 pro is my set up.

MIDI incoming is not recognized by the pro tools 7.4. I tried out all the options sited in help us help you link given by TSAP.

Please let me know if anyone has break opened this issue.

Regards,
Abhilash
More. Info. Needed. Check the Help Us Help You thread...
Old 09-19-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We're going to need more info on your system. See my post above yours - where I direct people to the General Troubleshooting and Help Us Help You threads...

Same problem here on Windows 2008 with ProTools 7.4.2 CS7 and an Audiophile 2496.

the Midi Input Enable list is empty and no idea how to recover from there:

1. Uninstalled / reinstalled : did not work
2. Removed QuickTime as suggested from the thread owner : did not work
3. updated Delta Audiophile 2496 to the latest drivers: did not work

Please do something because I am stuck and cant work here!

** Note dont believe Windows 2008 instead of Vista makes any difference, moreover Garritan can nicely work via midi with the M-Audio card and sounds nicely.
Old 09-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Avid

Quote:
Please do something because I am stuck and cant work here!
Can't do anything without the pertinent info.

I'm trying to be nice here, but really I made the Help Us and General Troubleshooting threads for a reason - to save myself and everyone else here from retyping the same things over and over again. If you don't care to avail yourself of the information provided in those threads and give us the information we need to help you, there's not much more we can do for you.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:18 PM

This sounds like the exact problem I am having...It just appears that PT doesnt want to accept any midi input coming in. That and I cant get reason to "see" my keyboard...But it works on the Mac side of my dual boot computer...huh?
640GB(Mac) 640GB(Windows 7) 1TB(Audio Drive)
Digi-002 Factory and M-box
LE 8.0.3 (Mac) 8.0.3 (PC)
Old 10-22-2008, 04:28 PM

Default Pro Tools/Reason/Mac OS X 10.5.5 Audio MIDI Setup Not Recognizing Any MIDI

Information:
Mac PowerPC G5 Dual 1.8ghz
Mac OS X 10.5.5. Leopard
Pro Tools 7.4.2
2gb Ram
002 Rack
Yamaha MIDI keyboard model: Yamaha YPT-310

I am having the Exact Same problem as Digifriend above this post. My ProTools won't recognize a MIDI signal coming in despite the green light flashing on the front of my 002R. I was running my MIDI keyboard in protools in a session that had worked fine before with all my MIDI connections correctly set up and using sampletank1 to see if the MIDI would work. It didn't.
I first recognized this problem when I was trying to run reason standing alone and it wouldnt recognize any MIDI. I had my keyboard routed through my 002R. Specifically it said the "port 003 control [offline]" in the advanced section of Reason 4.0. I also had reason scan for my controller, and it found nothing. Tried to manually add the keyboard but it could not recognize a midi signal.
I went to the Mac Audio MIDI Setup and the 002R is dimmed out in other words it once recognized that it was there and now it does not. I don't know what to do.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools/Reason/Mac OS X 10.5.5 Audio MIDI Setup Not Recognizing Any MIDI

Similar to Digifriend's issue. I can get MIDI information out to my Alesis QS8.2 and have it played by the QS but I can't get anything to come in to PT from the QS.

Info:
  • Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual Core Intel Xeon
  • Mac OSX 10.5.5
  • Pro Tools version 7.4.2
  • 5 GB of RAM installed
  • Firewire 1814 with driver 1.8.4-3
  • Two external FW Hard Drives 1 used for saving sessions and 1 used for back up and virtual instrument
  • Alesis QS8.2 keyboard
  • QuickTime player 7.5.5
  • I dl'd and ran the Tech Support Utility and ran option 2. I've checked that the Audio MIDI Setup shows the FW 1814 and the Alesis.
I use EZ Drummer and that works fine. I can copy/paste MIDI information into an instrument track and have the Alesis play it back; same with MIDI virtual instruments. If I play a key on the Alesis I can see the LEDs on the 1814 for inputs 3 and 4 light up (per the PT inputs for that track), but nothing shows on the instrument track level meters and I hear no sound and is true regardless of the state of the record buttons.

MIDI record and playback has worked in the past (I followed the directions in the user's manual and it worked like a charm). Do I have an incompatibiliy with Quicktime 7.5.5 and/or Mac OS X 10.5.5?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools/Reason/Mac OS X 10.5.5 Audio MIDI Setup Not Recognizing Any MIDI

Quote:
If I play a key on the Alesis I can see the LEDs on the 1814 for inputs 3 and 4 light up (per the PT inputs for that track), but nothing shows on the instrument track level meters and I hear no sound and is true regardless of the state of the record buttons.
What is the MIDI input of the Instrument track set to? What is it's MIDI output set to? Make sure you're showing the MIDI section by enabling it in the view menu.

Your post is a little confusing - you say 'EZ Drummer and that works fine'. How are you using that? Is it inserted on an Instrument or Aux track? What are you triggering it with - the Alesis or with MIDI data that's already recorded?

Quote:
If I play a key on the Alesis I can see the LEDs on the 1814 for inputs 3 and 4 light up (per the PT inputs for that track),
That's indicating and audio input - not a MIDI input.

Quote:
but nothing shows on the instrument track level meters and I hear no sound and is true regardless of the state of the record buttons.
Which level meters - audio or MIDI?

This page has some good tutorials that may help you:

http://ptnewbie.com/?p=56