Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 05-26-2008, 08:46 AM

Default Why are midi notes so small in notes view

Since moving from 6.9 to 7.3 I've noticed that both the midi notes and the piano roll are sooo tiny(I mean really tiny) when I've got the midi track set to medium size...but when I switch to regions view the notes are regular size....or what appears to be regular(to me anyway). The only way I can get the midi notes to a workable size is to blow the midi track up to extremely large or fit to screen. A real pain when editing midi.
So I went to the manual to see if there is a separate sizing setting for the piano roll in notes view but I can't find any...so now I'm wondering if it's some sort of bug or system anomaly with 7.3. I never had to do this in 6.4...and I did a lot of midi editing there so I would know!
Is there a way to make the piano roll grid larger independant of the track size?
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 05-27-2008, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Why are midi notes so small in notes view

In the upper right corner of the Edit window, in the section of buttons with arrows on either side, you'll see both a wave form with arrows at the top and bottom, and MIDI Piano Scroll notation with arrows at the top and bottom. Clicking on these arrows increases/decreases the size of the view in audio and MIDI tracks.

@timothyday_musicandsound
Timothy Day