Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 01:47 PM

Default \"Saving\" a midi sound to my track?

Hey I used Mbox2 with Pro tools 7 with a simple keyboard set up as my controller (keyboard midi out to mbox midi in, vice versa) I can record a midi track fine and playing it back plays the notes through my keyboard just fine, but how do I "keep" that sound from my keyboard onto the track. As it is all I can do is create some midi notes that can play my keyboard for me just fine, but as far as getting those sounds BACK into pro tools for recording I'm lost, because if I were to bounce the finished product all I would have is an audio file with some midi notes that have nothing to play. How do I fix this?
Old 02-07-2008, 09:57 PM

Default Re: \"Saving\" a midi sound to my track?

If you've recorded your midi information on an instrument track;........ create a new stereo audio track;...... click on your instrument trk's output and pick a bus for it, (1-2, or 3-4));....... click on your new audio trk's input; choose the same bus for your audio input as you have for your instrument trk's output..... record enable your new audio trk. Press record, then play (or hit your spacebar)......now you can watch as your midi is being recorded (printed) to your audio track.
Is that what you meant?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:17 AM

Oh okay well that makes perfect sense, my only problem now is getting said MIDI to an instrument track in the first place. For some reason, when record enabled, a MIDI track with the input as All picks up on my midi controller, but I cant get an instrument track to do the same. Is there something I need to set the input of the inst track to in order to get it to pick up? My keyboard is plugged into the Mbox Midi In.
Old 02-09-2008, 04:42 PM

To record the AUDIO from your keyboard...

You need to plug the AUDIO output from your keyboard into the AUDIO input on your AUDIO Interface, then create a new AUDIO track with the AUDIO input set to the same one you used on the interface, then record-enable the AUDIO track, hit record, and record that AUDIO.

It really is that simple.