Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2002, 09:43 PM

Default recording 2nd midi track

hello everybody! pro tools digi 007 v.5.1.1 running on a Mac G-4 733. i am using an Alesis QS6.1 as both a controller and sound source plugged into the digi 001 respectively. i have configured the global edit pages in the QS6, have set up OMS, and enabled the input devices. also new to midi, so here is my problem. recorded 1 midi drum track via aux.then i layed down 4 audio tracks. now i want to track another midi on track 6. when i change the sound and midi channel for trk 6, the sounds are also being heard on trk 1. i have changed the midi channels on the I/O and the keyboard, but i am still getting the same sounds on both trks. i obviously missed something in the PT ref. guide. i am actually enjoying the transistion from hard working musician/songwriter to hard working manuel reader!!!!! any help would be great! thanks
Old 06-04-2002, 10:25 PM

Default Re: recording 2nd midi track

Hi,

In Pro Tools, if MIDI tracks 1 and 6 are definitely sending on different channels, then I'd check that your synth is set up in "multi" mode (or whatever the multimbral mode is called). That would explain why changing the sounds on one channel upsets the settings for another,

Or are you saying the track 6's audio is being heard along with track 1's audio in Pro Tools itself? That would be a case of both sounds sharing the same audio channel into Pro Tools.

Apologies if I've stated the obvious.

Phil