Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-20-1999, 04:30 AM

Default Digi001 - Windows

Hello Digi people
I have just bought (way in advance, but my retailer tells me people are gonna fighting over this one) a Windows Digi001.
A few short questions :
- Any info on the 1st quarter deadline ? January, Feb, March or... ?
- I will probably need to upgrade my PC ; any news on required min. (and recommended) specs ? End of the year sales would allow me to upgrade at a better price, and even though we haven't reached the release date, I can't imagine you guys have no idea at this time what the PC requirements should look like.
- What sort of plug-ins can we expect to be shipped with the Windows versions ? Will Digidesign ship the D-verb for early customers with the Windows version ?

Any answers would be appreciated !
I am looking forward to work with this product, and my expectations are high.
Good work on Digi001 for Windows, and happy holidays from Belgium !

Paul Curtiz

------------------
Paul Curtiz / Scratch Studio
Old 01-09-2000, 01:19 AM

Default Re: Digi001 - Windows

Hi,

I don't know if I can be of any help to you, as I've got the exact same questions.

with pc requirements though, i have been told 128 megs ram minimum (196megs recommended).

fast hard drives (ie 7200rpm) (this is just what ive been told im really new to this.

Asus motherboard and ive been told a pentium chip is require (ill look really stupid on the digidesign site if im wrong).

If you could please email me or reply to me on here, it would be much appreciated, because so far I haven't been able to find anyone who is waiting on the PC version to come out.

Thanks

Bill
musicfest@hotmail.com
Old 01-10-2000, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Digi001 - Windows

Hi Bill,
I'm just out there waiting like the rest of us. If you checked the msg I posted earlier, you have seen that Digi has answered, but without any release date or specs. So I'll pass on the guessing and wait 'til they give us something. My retailer tells me I shouldn't expect my Digi001 before early April. I hope he's wrong.

Let's keep in touch (the lone PC avengers)and share the info we get.

Cheers

------------------
Paul Curtiz / Scratch Studio