Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2009, 01:11 AM

Default Deal or No Deal? $2,000 for Non-Accel, PCI HD2?

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am sure that this sort of question gets asked far too often, and I apologize in advance for boring anyone. That being said, I am curious to get people's opinions on whether or not the following deal is worth picking up.

I have been a long-time LE user and am considering the jump to HD. I have been offered an HD2 PCI system --- one core card and one non-accel process card. It comes with PT 7 and HD3 plug-ins. The asking price is $2,000.

Is this worth going for? What sort of processing power should I expect? How many tracks, etc . . . ? Any thoughts or insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Resistance
Old 08-30-2009, 02:22 AM

Default Re: Deal or No Deal? $2,000 for Non-Accel, PCI HD2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resistance View Post
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I am sure that this sort of question gets asked far too often, and I apologize in advance for boring anyone. That being said, I am curious to get people's opinions on whether or not the following deal is worth picking up.

I have been a long-time LE user and am considering the jump to HD. I have been offered an HD2 PCI system --- one core card and one non-accel process card. It comes with PT 7 and HD3 plug-ins. The asking price is $2,000.

Is this worth going for? What sort of processing power should I expect? How many tracks, etc . . . ? Any thoughts or insights would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Resistance
Hi, i'd say that's *about* right...if it was $1500 i would call it cheap.....to do big mixes entirely using TDM plugs though, you'll def need another process card or two, or better yet an Accel card. They are all getting quite cheap now on ebay though..

B Rig: (Home/Office). M1 Mac Studio - 64gb ram - OSX 12.7.1, PT Ultimate2023.6, HD Native Thunderbolt, Omni, Avid Artist Control

http://www.lostboysstudio.com