Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-17-2003, 12:20 PM

Default Can\'t export an OMF from PT

Can anyone help with this? On certain projects, when i try to make an OMF i get 'could not complete the export omf command because OMFI_err failed semantic check on an input data:while writing OMFI:SCLP:StartTime'
The only way around this is to consolidate each clip which i nigh on impossible on a large project. I have tried importing to new sessions but the problem follows! Also these sessions do not have imported OMF files from other places in them
Mac G4 dual 1.25
PT 6.1
Digitranslator 2
Thanks in Advance
Old 09-17-2003, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Can\'t export an OMF from PT

Just to be clear, you're trying to "Export Selected Tracks as OMF?"
Are you trying to go back to an Avid system (using "Enforce Avid Compatibility"?)
Old 09-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Avid

Could this be a drive issue? Do all of the failing projects live on a specific drive? Or maybe the issue could be with the drive that you're exporting to?

Does the same thing happen if Enforce Avid Compatibility (and Quantize Edits) are unchecked?

Also, please list all of your export settings.

-Jordan
Old 09-18-2003, 01:15 AM

Yes, exporting selected tracks as omf! It doesn't seem to make any difference if i check 'enforce avid compat' or 'quantize edits'. I am making an embedded omf and the audio is from one specific drive, though all my audio comes from one drive (and i don't get this problem on most other projects) and this problem seems to be associated with one specific track ie if its 4 tracks i'm exporting and i get this error message, i can export 3 tracks succesfully until i hit 1 track that has this problem. I think (maybe wrongly!) that it is something in 1 specific clip/region as apposed to a drive problem. Is there an inteeligent way of consolidating every region in my project but with region names keeping the same and with handles........i think i know the answer to this..no

I only wantr to make an OMF to convert my project to Fairlight...we are mailnly Fairlight here, this has to be done via a programme called 'AV Transfer' So my settings are:
export as OMF
Target project timecode format 25fps (as per my project)
Source sample rate 48K
Destinaton sample rate 48K
Audio format Embedded
Audio Bit Depth 24 Bit (though this doesn't make a difference)
colsolidate from source media
Old 09-18-2003, 09:42 AM
Avid

Yep, it sounds like you have one corrupted audio or fade file on that track that's causing the problem. Your best bet is to use the Object Grabber to shift-select all regions on that track. Then go to Audiosuite>Duplicate, choose Create Individual Files, and Process. This will auto name each region/file as "filename_DUPL_01".

-Jordan