Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM

Default Can't Bounce to Quicktime when the Length is Longer than Original Video

I have a video that cuts to black with 1/4 of a second left in the video. I added a stinger hit when the video cuts to black and I want to allow the reverb to ring out for a couple seconds, after the end of the video. Pro Tools used to handle this without a problem. Now, if I try to bounce to Quicktime with any extra time selected after the video I get this error:

The Video Engine reported an error. More information is in the Video Engine log file.

Has anyone found a work around for this? It really slows down iteration time between audio and video editors when I have to bounce the audio out of Pro Tools and then put the audio to picture in something like Premiere.
PT 12.4.0
Old 02-21-2018, 02:54 AM

Default Re: Can't Bounce to Quicktime when the Length is Longer than Original Video

When bouncing to Quicktime it's length is governed by the video. PT cannot add video frames to cover the audio. If you are using PTHD you can edit on more black to the video before bouncing. You either need a video with enough black at the end before bouncing, or take the finished audio back into the editor and extend and export from there.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 02-21-2018, 08:08 AM

Default Re: Can't Bounce to Quicktime when the Length is Longer than Original Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy View Post
I have a video that cuts to black with 1/4 of a second left in the video. I added a stinger hit when the video cuts to black and I want to allow the reverb to ring out for a couple seconds, after the end of the video. Pro Tools used to handle this without a problem. Now, if I try to bounce to Quicktime with any extra time selected after the video I get this error:

The Video Engine reported an error. More information is in the Video Engine log file.

Has anyone found a work around for this? It really slows down iteration time between audio and video editors when I have to bounce the audio out of Pro Tools and then put the audio to picture in something like Premiere.
Try adding a bit of black to the existing video cut copy past at the end and add that to the end of your existing video. That works for me in those instances. Otherwise have the editor give you a cut with more ringlet time. G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 02-21-2018, 09:58 AM

I figured this would be the response. Pro Tools was able to add frames up through PT 12 but somewhere along the way Pro Tools lost the ability to do this. I just did it on a machine with PT 11.3.1.

Thanks!
PT 12.4.0
Old 02-21-2018, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerboy View Post
I figured this would be the response. Pro Tools was able to add frames up through PT 12 but somewhere along the way Pro Tools lost the ability to do this. I just did it on a machine with PT 11.3.1.

Thanks!
Hmm I"ll have to check that one out. Maybe import movie into FCP or something and add some black re-export with at the additional frames.
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS

Last edited by gives; 02-21-2018 at 04:51 PM. Reason: addition
Old 02-22-2018, 09:29 AM

You may want to have a moderator move this to the Mac PT forum, this is the Windows PT forum or just the PT 12 forum.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction