Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI

Old 03-23-2009, 05:35 PM

Default My Axiom Template for Pro Tools 8

Hello,

Here's my Axiom 49 (should be ok for 61 and 25 too?) template for Pro Tools 8 for anyone who's having trouble getting it working.

http://cid-7a6760c60f016df0.skydrive...se.aspx/Public

It replaces the default set of presets (although only preset 20 is actually changed).

Installation - Import the preset file into M-Audio's Enigma software (free download http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=products.enigma).
Select it and upload it to the Axiom (SYS should flash on the Axiom screen).When it stops flashing press Recall followed by 20 on the numeric
keypad to select Preset 20. In Pro Tools 8 go to Setup->Peripherals->Machine Control and enable MIDI Machine Control Remote (Slave) mode.
Then in MIDI Controllers Section, select MAudioKeyboard Port 1 for both Send and Receive, it should now work.

The template has the following functionality:-

Fader Buttons - These buttons let you select, record arm, mute, or solo tracks within Pro Tools By default, these
buttons select channels, however, pressing the button below the rightmost fader lets you step through three other functions:
record arm, mute, solo.

You can select multiple mixer channels by holding down the “Control” key on your computer keyboard while pressing the
fader buttons; holding the “Shift” key of your computer keyboard while pressing these buttons will select a range of mixer
channels. For example, holding the Ctrl key and pressing “1” and “5” will select the first and fifth mixer channels in Pro
Tools; holding the Shift key and pressing “1” and “5” will select channels one through five on the Pro Tools mixer.

Faders - These faders control their corresponding bank of eight faders in the Pro Tools mixer (initially 1 - 8). Note that all
Pro Tools track names that are currently under the control of Axiom are outlined in blue. If you click a track higher the 8
currently controlled then the faders will switch to controlling the next 8 (9 - 16 for example) this also works in reverse.

Master Fader - This fader automatically maps to the Master Fader track of your Pro Tools session; If you have not
created a Pro Tools Master Fader track, this fader will have no effect on your session.

Rotary Encoders -These are set to MIDI learn for control of plug-ins that support it (like Xpand2). Right click a parameter
in the plug-in an select Learn CC, twiddle a knob an it will take control of that parameter.
Note the track with the plug-in must be selected for MIDI learn to work.

Transport Controls -

Rewind -Tapping this button will skip to the beginning of the previous bar (or time/sample
delineation, if the Main Counter is set to show time or samples) Holding this button will
rewind the Pro Tools transport until the button is released.

Fast Forward - Tapping this button will skip to the beginning of the next bar (or time/sample delineation,
if the main counter is set to show time or samples). Holding this button will rewind the Pro Tools transport until the
button is released.

Stop - Stops recording or playback.

Play - Starts recording or playback.

Record - This button record-enables the Pro Tools transport.

Loop + Rewind - Return to Start
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Rewind button rewinds to the
beginning of your Pro Tools session.

Loop + Fast Forward - Go to End
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Fast Forward button advances to the
end of your Pro Tools session.

Loop + Stop - Undo
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Stop button cancels the last action
that was made in Pro Tools (this is the same as selecting Edit > Undo within Pro Tools).

Loop + Play - Engage Loop Play
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Play button engages looping between
the Loop Start and Loop End points as specified in the Pro Tools transport Press this
combination of buttons again to disengage looping.

Loop + Record - Engage Loop Record
Holding down the Loop button while pressing the Record button engages the “Loop
Record” function of Pro Tools Press this combination of buttons again to disengage
looping Please see the Pro Tools documentation to learn more about the loop recording
function.

Hope it's useful to someone

Cheers

evs
Old 03-30-2009, 09:00 PM

Default Re: My Axiom Template for Pro Tools 8

Thanks. You are the man.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:41 PM

Hi.

Can Mac users use this?

Thanks.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:18 PM

Hello,

Yes it was created on a Mac using the M-audio Enigma software

Cheers

evs
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: My Axiom Template for Pro Tools 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruddlebug View Post
Hello,

Yes it was created on a Mac using the M-audio Enigma software

Cheers

evs
Hi,

Wow, cool. I'll have a go at setting this up. I've always wanted to know how to make my Axiom 49 do this stuff.

Thanks you.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:36 AM

gruddlebug, all this sounds great - but would it work with Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4 (and Axiom 49). Or is there a way to get the same under pro tools 7.4 ?
thanks
Guillaume
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM

Hello,

Sorry, I don't know about 7.4 only bought the Axiom after 8.0 came out (bargain, when you can't afford the Axiom pro, although obviously more effort required to set up) and I couldn't go back after using 8.0, good luck though

Cheers

evs
Old 05-21-2009, 11:42 AM

gruddlebug, I installed the template, but 20 does relatively nothing at all, while 15 is still the same old buggy presets.

EDIT: Enigma gave me some weird error about communicating with the Axiom and now it's working... Ill report back.

Reporting back: The loop button has no effect.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:41 AM

Hello,

Maybe it's because I made the template on an Axiom 49?

Regarding Enigma try downloading the sysex file from my page instead and using this (free download)...

http://www.snoize.com/SysExLibrarian/

I find it less flakey than Enigma

Cheers

evs
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Transfer aborted
There were repeated problems communicating with "USB Axiom 25".
Dude, I'll pay you for tech support. (got paypal?)
I want to learn this, but I don't have time for trial and error... email:[email protected]