Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-13-2010, 06:07 PM

Default Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Not Responding!!

Hello, first off I would like to say I have searched the site and have done some of the steps from the general trouble shooting. I have pro tools 8.0.3 with Mbox 2, it is loaded onto a macbook pro with 4G ram and 500G hard drive and its intel i7 with snow leopard 10.6.3. Pro tools will not respond. I have installed and uninstalled several times and it will load once then will not load again. It will also freeze during loading process on Xpand! plug-in and I will have to force quite. I have done everything I can think of and I would love it if someone could please help me out with this. Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 8.0.3 Not Responding!!

Hello, have you tried in a different usb port?

Also, what troubleshooting have you done?
10.6.3 is not qualified with pt yet, although many use that without a problem. Where is pt loading stucks?
Old 06-14-2010, 04:30 AM

I have tried different ports and I have removed the system preferences that the trouble shooting tells me to. Im sorry I can't remember right off hand what they were. I have tried to download the 8.0.3cs update (Still Nothing). I installed and uninstalled the program about 10 times to see if it was an install problem, but still having the same problems
Old 06-14-2010, 04:33 AM

IT is sticking on Xpand! plug-in during the loading process, but this is only half of the time. The other half it will load up completely, but as soon as you try to open a new session or an old session it stops responding.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:20 AM

Have you updated all your plug in's?

Is that 500G drive a dedicated audio drive or the system drive?
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)
Old 06-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamJayTech View Post
Hello, first off I would like to say I have searched the site and have done some of the steps from the general trouble shooting. I have pro tools 8.0.3 with Mbox 2, it is loaded onto a macbook pro with 4G ram and 500G hard drive and its intel i7 with snow leopard 10.6.3. Pro tools will not respond. I have installed and uninstalled several times and it will load once then will not load again. It will also freeze during loading process on Xpand! plug-in and I will have to force quite. I have done everything I can think of and I would love it if someone could please help me out with this. Thanks
You should use the USB port closest to the FireWire 800 port on the left hand side.

Have you tried toggling Bluetooth on and off, or disconnecting ethernet when launching Pro Tools? What happens if you remove all plug-ins from your plug-ins folder, trash preferences, restart and try to launch it again?

Can you zip up your Log Files folder (from inside your Pro Tools folder) and email it to me at : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com?
Old 06-14-2010, 11:21 AM

DIGI Tech.. I have sent you the log files. I am unable to attempt to load pro tools as this moment. I will try trashing plug-ins and system prefs again later and let you know if i make any progress. Thanks
Old 06-16-2010, 09:40 PM

This took me a full day to setup and figure out, I have the exact same setup as you....

And I was having the exact same problem as you with hanging on Xpand during launch......

Here is what worked for me,make sure you have no other devices on the other usb port when launching PT,

I have to remove my powered usb hub so the external usb drives and even keyboard are not connected to my Macbook Pro when launching PT 8.03cs and this gets around the problem...

Btw, you need to use the usb port FURTHEST away from the Firewire 800 port or else it will not launch

Also when importing video into a session, you need to make sure no devices are on the second USB port or it will also hang.