Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-21-2008, 11:20 AM

Default I can't figure out Reason Adapted (no output)

I am new to PTLE 7.4, running Macbook pro 2.4 Ghz 10.5.5 OS Reason Adapted 3.0.5 and MBOX 2 mini. I am able to get the other plug-ins included in the ignition pack to work, but with Reason I have a problem.

I have a midi track connected to the NN19, and I have tried everything but the audio never makes it to my instrument track. I see the levels change on the Reason mixer and I can see the midi information in the NN19 field of the Reason midi editor. But I can't seem to figure out how to get the audio output back to pro-tools. The levels never change on the instrument track or on the Audio track to which I'm recording.

My Rewire green light is on and the reason hw interface says 'Rewire slave mode' so I think that means its set up correctly.

I looked at the digi TV tutorial and I thought I was doing just what he did. But since everybody seems to have this working but me...can anyone help?

Thanks,
pre
Old 12-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Default Re: I can't figure out Reason Adapted (no output)

Try this.
Open a stereo instrument track and instatiate Reason on it.
Select which Reason instrument you wish to hear at the top of the instrument track strip in Mix mode on the MIDI output selector (the default is the Combinator I believe). Make sure the Audio input for the instrument track is set to Reason.

Now you should be able to hear Reason.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:46 AM

Default Re: I can't figure out Reason Adapted (no output)

I figured out the problem, in the ReWire screen Reason adapted output defaults to Output None. I just needed to set the output to one of the mix channels and that solved the problem. So it was a rewire issue not really a reason issue. Probably pretty obvious but I am new to all this.

Thanks for the tip.

pre