Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2019, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
If you think it’s going to get better when they start making their own CPU? Nope it’s getting worse
That's very likely. (IMHO)

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-30-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Quite frankly not releasing this quarter is unacceptable. Mojave has been out since September 24th. 6 months and Avid can't release at least 2018.13 to address that. I don't care about 2019 I just care about being compatible with an OS that has been out for half a year.

Get on it. Save the features we don't need for some other release this year, but get Mojave compatibility out now! I've been using Logic X because of this. Somehow all the other DAW companies have been able to do this and they did it without the exorbitant annual subscription fee. Why not Avid? Hire more software/hardware engineers if you need to, but get it the **** done already.
Hm, what's new about this? I can't remember a single instance when PT would not at least need six month to become compatible with an OSX update
Old 03-30-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
Quite frankly not releasing this quarter is unacceptable. Mojave has been out since September 24th. 6 months and Avid can't release at least 2018.13 to address that. I don't care about 2019 I just care about being compatible with an OS that has been out for half a year.

Get on it. Save the features we don't need for some other release this year, but get Mojave compatibility out now! I've been using Logic X because of this. Somehow all the other DAW companies have been able to do this and they did it without the exorbitant annual subscription fee. Why not Avid? Hire more software/hardware engineers if you need to, but get it the **** done already.
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Unacceptable that there is not a version of PT that is qualified to run on last year's Mac OS.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:09 AM

Default Re: PT 2019.3 should/could be released today !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Douglas View Post
Waiting... waiting....

Why is this posted by AVID in the S6 forum only? The ‘poor’ S3, dock, mouse and keyboard producers don’t matter that much?

Moreover, We all pay the same amount for our PT support plan subscription, and Mojave has been out for over 6 months now. How’s it going with the software development team over there at AVID... my goodness

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 03-30-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the wall View Post
^^^^ THIS ^^^^

Unacceptable that there is not a version of PT that is qualified to run on last year's Mac OS.
I bought a new 2018 MBP and have been using Mojave with zero issues.
I never update my older systems to new Mac OS versions until 100% necessary
All new oS versions do is add on bells & whistles that for most part are not 100% necessary.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonopolis View Post
Hm, what's new about this? I can't remember a single instance when PT would not at least need six month to become compatible with an OSX update
Normally I don't update my OSX but I bought a new iMac Pro that isn't backward compatible. I can't load High Sierra (I've tried), so I was hoping Avid could get it compatible. Moving the update past this quarter (from what was in the S6 forum) had nothing to do with Mojave but with other issues...backward compatibility and certain hardware issues. So fine, release the Mojave as a separate update. Problem solved for Mac users on Mojave that had no choice but to be on Mojave.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 03-30-2019, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmixer View Post
I bought a new 2018 MBP and have been using Mojave with zero issues.
I never update my older systems to new Mac OS versions until 100% necessary
All new oS versions do is add on bells & whistles that for most part are not 100% necessary.
I've used it also, but it is not as stable as it needs to be and crashes way too often.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:47 PM

Default Re: PT 2019.3 should/could be released today !

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertDorn View Post
Why is this posted by AVID in the S6 forum only? The ‘poor’ S3, dock, mouse and keyboard producers don’t matter that much?

Moreover, We all pay the same amount for our PT support plan subscription, and Mojave has been out for over 6 months now. How’s it going with the software development team over there at AVID... my goodness

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Exactly. An Avid rep should come and post an official update on the General Announcements forum as to what the issue is and the expected timeline for the fix/release.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
They chase Apples tail constantly this is why we can’t have cutting edge features

If you think it’s going to get better when they start making their own CPU? Nope it’s getting worse...just saying.
That is certainly not good news. If that happens and Macs stop being compatible with most DAWs, including Pro Tools, then I'm done with Mac when I get a new computer in a few years.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveski View Post
^^^+1^^^^

My absolute last subscription with Avid. Absolutely nothing for my money. Presently back on Logic and S1.
Shockingly bad from Avid.
I keep hoping Avid gets their act together, but like you, I am losing hope.