Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10

Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 10:44 PM

Default Re: In Response to Pro Tools HD 10 Feedback

Max, thanks for your reply. I really wish that I could say that it actually convinced me that we should believe that you guys are actually listening to our feedback. Unfortunately, based on your reply, this truly remains a very difficult thing to believe. You are stil completely glossing over the fact that P Tools 9 really had nothing to offer to P Tools 8 HD user's and that the people who realized that that fact was reality are being penalized for not paying the company that you work for for something that they did not need. And now you are suggesting that a viable upgrade option for those same user's is to buy into an HD Native upgrade that would mean abandoning the features that using an actual HD system has provided for their workflow all of these years. Quite frankly, it really comes off as corporate double talk and attempted market speech. No offense meant but, it would be really great if you stopped treating us like we are too stupid to see through the BS. We're not asking for anything for free. We're just asking for something that makes sense to us as business owners that are navigating our way through an ever shrinking marketplace. Don't forget that you are a part of that same marketplace and that it's the same for you as it is for us.
Old 12-10-2011, 11:13 AM

No offense taken, WernerF. I understand there are some Pro Tools HD 8 customers that did not upgrade to HD 9 and have communicated this feedback back to the organization on several occasions. I'm not trying to sell you anything, I was merely giving Johnny the explanation he asked for while providing an alternate solution in the same price range.
Old 12-10-2011, 10:38 PM

So Max, how much feedback do you need?
$500 to upgrade from PTHD8 to PTHD 10 is reasonable. Actually, a no brainer. PTHD10 is very limited unless you buy in to HDX. And then you offer us a downgrade to HD Native. You also tell us it sounds better, come on. With proper gain-staging show us an A/B that humans can hear. I am actually afraid to try the demo because I can't afford the downtime if takes my system.
PTHD9 was a joke for PTHD8 users. I laughed when my Sweetwater rep tried to
Pitch me on it.
Seriously smell the coffee Max!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyv View Post
Thank you, Max. When you say you can't comment other than to reiterate what's already been said, I don't think anything *has* been said on this topic that I have seen. If I missed the appropriate comments somewhere, can you point me to the particular thread or posts?

Otherwise, I understand you to be saying that you simply have no comment on the reason(s) for the extra $500 for the PT8HD/TDM users to upgrade and the lack of ability of your PT8HD/TDM users to have access to the $599 service plan, and that's fair enough.

If there are threads where these topics have been discussed, let me know. If not, I'll presume that Avid isn't currently planning to address those topics.

Thanks again for your presence here!
Here is the most accurate comment that anyone from Avid could make.

We honestly have no idea what we are doing, we are so out of touch that it is beyond comprehension. We sit around the boardroom table and make ourselves actually believe that our ridiculous strategy is so amazing that there are no smarter people in the entire world. We pat each other on the back and are absolutely giddy thinking how that once our plan comes to fruition that the coffers will be imensly overflowing that we have no reason to pay attention to the silly stock price today, or heck, even for the last half decade. We simply amaze ourselves!

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 12-11-2011, 04:57 AM
Avid

I'm unsticking / closing this thread.

No point in arguing why or starting new threads complaining about it so please don't.

I think all voices and opinions have been heard and from here onwards it is just running around in circles going absolutely nowhere.

Thanks everyone who contributed.
Closed Thread