Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2015, 10:55 AM

Default Avid ASIO won't initialize my hardware

I'm trying to use my Digidesign Accel hardware as a ASIO device with Studio One, Harrison MixBus3, etc, and none of the programs will initialize my hardware, making me use the built-in Realtek sound card.

I have Windows 7 64 bit and Pro Tools 10HD, HD3 Accel. I installed ASIO4ALL, and the Avid driver shows up on the list, but the hardware will not "initialize".

What is the trick to letting other software use my HD hardware? Thanks.
Old 12-28-2015, 11:02 PM

Default Re: Avid ASIO won't initialize my hardware

I suppose there's not a lot of you guys doing this. None of the other applications are able to use the 192s yet. Any suggestions are appreciated!
Old 12-28-2015, 11:46 PM

You need to install the Avid HD ASIO drivers not ASIO4ALL. ASIO4ALL has nothing to do with anything here, it wraps a standard WDM windows device driver and makes it look like ASIO.... Not what you are trying to do here.

EDIT: Oops I take that back, with a Pro Tools 10 HD TDM systems the CoreAudio drivers are already uninstalled when you install Pro Tools. So nothing to install. Just select the HD Core Audio device in the other DAW.

Does everything work in Pro Tools? Interfaces attached to the cards? Does Digitest work OK?

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-29-2015 at 02:43 PM.
Old 12-31-2015, 12:27 AM

I'm on Windows, so no Core Audio. I installed ASIO4ALL because the Avid ASIO driver would not initialize. I'll try uninstalling ASIO4ALL and try again. I was pretty sure the correct drivers install with PTHD, but for some reason they won't initialize the hardware.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:58 AM

Yes sorry I meant ASIO not CoreAudio.

I do not know what is going on here, maybe others can help.
but I know ASIO4ALL is totally the wrong path to go down.

If it works in Pro Tools I assume it will pass Digitest fine, but run it just for chuckles. I would also try with just one card, cable and interface. And then try a clean install of Pro Tools (or the stand alone drivers) and another DAW, maybe on a clean new boot disk if nobody else has any ideas.
Old 02-24-2016, 02:43 PM

I am experiencing a very similar problem only with PT 12.4. I realize this is the PT10 area but I am on PT12.4HD---I am posting here because the problem seems to be similar. I am using Windows 8.1 with an Avid qualified machine (HP Z400). I have an Omni and a sync HD.

PT seems to be working perfectly. My problem is with Izotope RX5. It works fine as a plug-in in PT but I can't use it as a stand alone application. I have selected the Avid Asio driver but RX5 can not find the Omni. Also Windows control panel states that no audio devices are installed. Again, Pro Tools works fine.

I experimented by taking a 11R and connecting it to the computer. That works fine with both RX5 and PT. It is just the Omni that can't be found.

Thanks