How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG View Post
As long as it keeps getting driver updates as new OS's come out I'm happy!

Yep also agree
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
What more would you want from the Eleven Rack? More and/or better I/O, effects, amps, cabs, mics, etc.? Please note, this really is a question, not a statement!
I think it is very good already, I'm not one to get into heavy effects but I do miss a couple that were on my pedalboard. Pitch shift/whammy and a dedicated tremolo would be nice A few more speaker and amp options wouldn't hurt either. An 11r foot controller would kill as well, something all in one with a couple expression pedals and 8 or 10 programmable switches. I don't think they would have to increase the DSP if they just added these options to existing blocks. I think the people that use the 11r use it because it's easy and sounds excellent. If we needed 4 amps and 100 effects on at the same time we'd buy an Axe.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:38 PM

Here's a kind-of technical one (sorry!) for the evolving wish list? How about 64 bit floating point interfaces (data paths) to/from PT (and other DAWs) so you don't have to worry about clipping anymore http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2255808&postcount=18.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat6969 View Post
I think it is very good already, I'm not one to get into heavy effects but I do miss a couple that were on my pedalboard. Pitch shift/whammy and a dedicated tremolo would be nice A few more speaker and amp options wouldn't hurt either. An 11r foot controller would kill as well, something all in one with a couple expression pedals and 8 or 10 programmable switches. I don't think they would have to increase the DSP if they just added these options to existing blocks. I think the people that use the 11r use it because it's easy and sounds excellent. If we needed 4 amps and 100 effects on at the same time we'd buy an Axe.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 PM

This may be a dumb question, but do any/all of those devices attempt to simulate preamp and amp vacuum tube (valve) distortions realistically (i.e. increasing distortion at increasing drive (input signal) level)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I couldn't agree more and IMNSHO I think that Avid never gave the Eleven Rack a fair go what so ever... It is a fantastic piece of gear and could be made to blow everything else in this price bracket to smitherines but Avid have made it obsolete way to fast by not supporting it anymore.

New Expansions and a few endorsements from the elite and ER would be the best sim out today!! We love it and use it everyday and we have both of the AXE versions and still end up using the ERXP so ...

PLEASE Avid - Don't drop this awesome machine .. Make it into what it deserves .. plz ..
Old 06-05-2015, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
This may be a dumb question, but do any/all of those devices attempt to simulate preamp and amp vacuum tube (valve) distortions realistically (i.e. increasing distortion at increasing drive (input signal) level)?
As i am not a "good" guitarist but know what I wanna hear I would say yes regarding the devices. For example Axe 2 is a super great unit but still the ER is right there soundvise in our opinion of course

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 06-05-2015, 12:53 PM

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
As i am not a "good" guitarist but know what I wanna hear I would say yes regarding the devices. For example Axe 2 is a super great unit but still the ER is right there soundvise in our opinion of course
Old 06-07-2015, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Please! Please!! Please!!! Avid hear me!!

Let's keep this at the top. Maybe someone who matters will read this!!
Old 06-07-2015, 09:50 PM

Sorry to say ...we're dreaming folks!

This horsey has already been buried..and the putrid stench of it's death is hovering in our cloud of optimism like an orange ghost.

Just to shift this thread back to the top though, I'm gonna dig it up & wrestle/whip/flog/beat/kick/stomp/punch this dead horse some more too just so Avid can see what I've become..... a monster!

Seriously, I'm very happy with what it can do already, though I'm finding myself glancing at the Axe FX more frequently these days.....now there's a stallion

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-07-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 PM

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedhed View Post
Sorry to say ...we're dreaming folks!

This horsey has already been buried..and the putrid stench of it's death is hovering in our cloud of optimism like an orange ghost.

Just to shift this thread back to the top though, I'm gonna dig it up & wrestle/whip/flog/beat/kick/stomp/punch this dead horse some more too just so Avid can see what I've become..... a monster!

Seriously, I'm very happy with what it can do already, though I'm finding myself glancing at the Axe FX more frequently these days.....now there's a stallion
Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 AM

I would only ask for one thing. ........Digilink so It can play nicely with HD.