Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Default MIDI Input/Output showing NONE Still!!!!!!!!!

I have all MIDI cords connected right but when I try to record MIDI from my Fantom, nothing shows and when I go to MIDI studio the I/O ports show up NONE I cant get Protools to SEE my fantom. My problem is that I have checked the forums and all they say is to make sure MME refresh is running, and IT IS, still no fix.

Please help!!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 01:54 PM

Default Re: MIDI Input/Output showing NONE Still!!!!!!!!!

I'm having the same problem Propanemusic.

The only way I got my midi ports to start working again, was to completely uninstall Pro Tools and all drivers, and then re-install it.

The Problem is...that only worked for about a week and a half and then my midi ports disappears again.

I'm using a Digi002 Rack and the midi lights are lit up on the front and when I press a key on my synth, the light flickers rapidly as it always has. It's just that the midi ports disappear in the software. I'm guessing it's a driver issue cause even when I load up another DAW, they midi ports on my 002R are non-existent still. Only controllers I connect through USB appear.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:33 PM

I'm taking a shot in the dark here...

It's been a while since I looked at this but, as I recall, the Fantom (mine is an X, not a G) uses USB in either storage mode or midi mode. I think setting it up one way or the other can have implications for the midi in and out jacks on the Fantom. Page 218 of the Fantom manual.

Hope this helps.

Kevin
Old 04-06-2010, 02:54 PM

im not on my computer right now so trying to remember the correct wording

but have you gone to midi menu

then ticked the "slave" box

then see if your controller shows up in the send/recieve drop down boxes?
Old 04-06-2010, 10:13 PM

Also, under the Options menu(I think) in PT, you should check Midi Thru(enable it). You could also try going to Midi Studio Setup and adding the Roland as an instrument/device.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-07-2010, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nick View Post
I'm having the same problem Propanemusic.

The only way I got my midi ports to start working again, was to completely uninstall Pro Tools and all drivers, and then re-install it.

The Problem is...that only worked for about a week and a half and then my midi ports disappears again.

I'm using a Digi002 Rack and the midi lights are lit up on the front and when I press a key on my synth, the light flickers rapidly as it always has. It's just that the midi ports disappear in the software. I'm guessing it's a driver issue cause even when I load up another DAW, they midi ports on my 002R are non-existent still. Only controllers I connect through USB appear.
I have the exact same problem that you list here. I have a Technics digital piano that only supports MIDI (no USB MIDI) and lights up the front of the 002 Rack but I don't get the 002 Rack to show up in the MIDI Studio setup. Even uninstalling / reinstalling did nothing to help that setup.

I have an M-Audio Keystation 88 Pro that is hooked up through USB and it sees this no problem and have not had any issues with this so far. I'm running 8.0.3 on Snow Leopard 10.6.2.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:29 PM

I can't figure out what the problem could be. I can Sync the Fantom and Protools together, but can not record MIDI as there is no Input or Output to select in MIDI studio. ???? I see that a lot of people have this issue why isn't there a fix? MIDI is a HUGE reason I purchased the Mbox2. Now I have a $2,000 Fantom keyboard that I can't record MIDI from. Please someone at Digidesign HELP US!!!!!!!!!

Thanks
Old 04-07-2010, 11:46 PM

Everytime you install PT it seems to lose MIDI - Just check that you have the boxes ticked under midi filter (in and out) or install Reaper
ASUS P5E Q6600 6GB

Eleven Rack + EXRP
Old 04-07-2010, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Nick View Post
me too.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 04-08-2010, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermak View Post
Everytime you install PT it seems to lose MIDI - Just check that you have the boxes ticked under midi filter (in and out) or install Reaper
I installed the Trial Version of Reaper yesterday. After 2 hours of playing with it tonight, I can promise you that I'll be buying the license! Bye Bye Pro Tools, it's been a fun, but rough 5 years!

I still think this is driver issue though. Cause the Midi Ports don't appear in Propellerhead Record, or Reaper. But the Midi lights on my 002R hardware are lit up and respond to the midi triggers from my Roland V-synth as they always have.

This could be a problem directly related to the fact that I'm using Vista 64-bit which is still (surprisingly) not supported yet. I never had any problems with my midi while on my PPC G5. But had to sell it cause I realized I better get some money out of it before it's worth nothing.

I was gonna keep my 002R and use Reaper/Record/Reason with it, but after these Driver issues on 64-bit...I think it's the next thing for sale. (as well as my Structure Full, Velvet, Smack, Pultec, iLok, etc)

Peace, and best of Luck!