Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2006, 10:17 AM

Default HUI, USB controller not showing up as peripheral

I have the 002r and just updated to 7.0 soon to be 7.1.

My Tascam 2400 is not showing up as a USB device in the peripherals window ( no usb devices at all to receive or to send to). I tried re-installing HUI from the CD, then tried to re-install PT. and got nothing.....

It worked fine with PT v6.4. Yes... I was using 6.4 and I was super satisfied with this version.
I had 7.0 sitting there for a long time.... man!!here I go again!!!!

Anyone using HUI mode with usb controllers like the Tascam 2400???
Old 09-12-2006, 11:38 AM

Default Re: HUI, USB controller not showing up as peripheral

hey had the same problem jus go to the peripheral and take out seyttings and put back in should work fine open back up and faders move holla back
Old 09-12-2006, 05:56 PM

Do you need an update ?

Does it need a driver installed? Either from a download, a cd or just by the system?

Have you tried "uninstalling" any driver already there and reinstalling? (You can go to control panel > system > hardware devices and look through the list for it). Or if it has a special driver installation, it might be removeable from the add/remove control panel.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:57 PM

hey!! thanks for the replies

dsp4life... I'm sorry but I don't get what you are saying. The tascam 2400 is a surface controller, not a keyboard controller.

And as far as the firmware update, I had tried it before when I was using 6.4 and it never installed!!! tascam has to do something about this.

I have no clue as to why PT is not giving any other choices for the controllers... The usb choice was there before. Is this version limiting the choice and type of surface controllers we can use????

Any body has any ideas about this!!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:32 AM

According to someone at digi support it has to work the way I have it set up.... man!!

Why is it then, that it is not working???
Old 09-15-2006, 07:35 PM

Any body???
Old 09-18-2006, 07:54 AM

Contacted Digi and they couldn't help.. tried contacting Tascam and forget it ....there support sucks BIG time!!!

I found out a couple of things...

The tascam 2400 will not work with any version of PRO TOOLS and windows XP home/pro with SP2

It appears that it only works with 6.x versions and up to v6.9 and SP1.

This unit is a USB surface controller, and maybe there is something happening with the SP2 usb windows controller, driver or something..??

I will try installing v7.0 with SP1 and see what happens.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:39 AM
Avid

Pro Tools 7 will very likely NOT work properly with SP1.

Is the problem that the 2400 isn't showing up in MIDI Studio Setup? Is Tascam saying they don't have a driver for it for WinXP and SP2? If you have the driver installed and the HUI controller profile installed, then you should be able to use it with Pro Tools 7.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM

Hey Carmilo, I had the 2400 for over a year and had no problems what so ever, with any version. What I found out was that because it's USB it can be a conflict if you have other USB devices hooked up to the PC. What you can do is disconnect all other USB devices and just keep the 2400, reboot and you should see it then, if so, plug in your other devices one at a time and see which one conflicts with the 2400.

PM me if you have any other questions, these topics go by very quick and I might have a hard time finding it.

It's not PT or the 2400 that's not working right, it's the PC.

Good luck!!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:54 PM

WOW... I have some replies now... thank you. For some time I was talking to myself there..

DIGITECH... I have read that 7.0 will not work properly with SP1. But I have also read that it is possible to install it. I have, unfortunately I only tested it for one night, I didn;t see or got any problems. The following morning I bought a brand new version of windows with SP2. I did a fresh install and then my problem started.

After I had istalled windows XP SP2, I did the usual pc optimization and then I installed 7.0
then...I followed every single instruction on the tascam site to install the Tascam 2400. But....
in the PT peripherals windows I got to set (1st field) HUI... ( the receive field ) and here lies the problem... only two choices.. none and midi port 1.... (and for the send field ) the same thing.... two choices...

The tascam information describes that in those fields you have to look for the usb audio device... and the fact is.... with 6.4 I see that option. but NOT with 7.0

As far as the computer...I don't know... last night I installed my old version of windows, downloaded SP1... tried it with 6.4 and it is back to normal.... everything works... SO....

Why a new windows CD with SP2, a fresh install, brand new 7.0 would not do it???

I'll keep on trying. I'll get a new hard disk... just in case the many times formatting damages my current HD. more money but... I just got to have things running correctly.