Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM

Default Sony ACID Pro with Rewire

Has anyone flawlessly got ACID Pro working in Pro Tools 8 via Rewire?

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Sony ACID Pro with Rewire

No one at all ?

"Well, of course, their requests for subsidies was not Paraguayan in and of it is as it were the United States government would never have if the president, our president, had not and as far as I know thats the way it will always be. Is that clear?"- Chevy Chase, Spies Like Us.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:51 PM

I typically use Acid as a stereo insert on a stereo audio track. Acid Pro 7 was working fine up until a couple weeks ago (not sure what happened); now only Acid Pro 6 shows up in the list. But it works. I do have an occasional issue when I have a section set to loop. But nothing major.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankLP View Post
I typically use Acid as a stereo insert on a stereo audio track. Acid Pro 7 was working fine up until a couple weeks ago (not sure what happened); now only Acid Pro 6 shows up in the list. But it works. I do have an occasional issue when I have a section set to loop. But nothing major.
Thanks for posting.

I tried rewiring it last year, but experienced all sorts of latency related issues.

I wanted to try it again but first just wanted to get some other feedback.

Old 03-04-2010, 01:56 PM

I'd like to bump this thread by asking another question concerning this....

Would it be fairly straight forward to transfer or record an ACID session that has nothing but audio (say 6 tracks for example) into Pro Tools via Rewire so that those same 6 tracks appear in the Pro Tools session?

What would I need to do - set up each track in the ACID project to have its own output or something like that?

I hope someone can help as I'm not very versed in Rewire-related work.

Old 03-04-2010, 03:17 PM

I used to rewire acid to pt but now we can pretty much do in pt what we used to only do in acid so I have not used it in a while. i do use reason allot though and send each track(instrument) to its own pt track via the reason hardware output. I do not think you can do this in acid though.
This would be a bit time consuming, but you could do it one track at a time by soloing each track in acid, recording it to pt, then repeating...make sense?

I just use the digi workspace browser now, it almost will do what acid does for loops! Thanks Digi!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulreed View Post
I just use the digi workspace browser now, it almost will do what acid does for loops! Thanks Digi!
....what about simply being able to double-click on audio files in the browser of ACID and then the software automatically creates a new track for it so you can immediately start "drawing" the audio along the track?

I love that.

Can you do anything similar in Pro Tools?