Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 05-19-2008, 04:12 PM

Default Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI

Guys & Gals, I did the DUC search with no help so I'm asking for yours. Win XP Pro, PT 7.1, Projectmix. I was running this setup w/no issues using the Firewire 410. I bought a Projectmix lightly used and downloaded the drivers. I didn't get a manual or discs so I'm pretty much in the dark. My first issue is this constant error message,"Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI. Power-cycle HUI and check it's connections. Note, if HUI is not in use, update the Peripherals dialog to prevent further warnings". Waddaya think? The drivers came from the M-Audio site but the install screen didn't look like the one on the website. One matter I didn't mention is that I was testing the waters with a project I had recorded with the Firewire 410 and not a new project... does THIS make a differance? Thanks for any help.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI

I'd suggest start by trashing Pro Tools Preferences and then setting up the PMI/O as a HUI controller again.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:45 PM

I'm not sure what the PMI/O is, so if you or anyone else can break it down for me it would be great. Also, on the perferances issue, are you suggesting all of the boxes checked in Pro Tools under the setup menu? If so, what is "trashing"? Does that mean to uncheck them and restart then recheck them and restart? Thanks for your help.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure what the PMI/O is, so if you or anyone else can break it down for me it would be great.
PMI/O = ProjectMix I/O
Quote:
Also, on the perferances issue, are you suggesting all of the boxes checked in Pro Tools under the setup menu? If so, what is "trashing"? Does that mean to uncheck them and restart then recheck them and restart? Thanks for your help.
Digidesign has created a Tech Support Utility that has an easy way to "trash" preferences and databases.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 05-20-2008, 02:27 PM

Thanks to TECHKNOWLEDGY and SPKGUITAR for responding and helping me with this issue. I solved the problem by going into PERIPHERALS under setup (TECH'S SUGGESTION) and switching the "send to" under Midi Controllers to Digidesign1 as it was checked as Projectmix External Midi! It was amazing, I pressed the enter button w/my thumb to change paths and POW!!!! The Projectmix came to life! I hope this helps another newbie.