Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)

Old 04-02-2008, 09:49 AM

Default Multiple Outputs (through ligthtpipe) with M-Powered?

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. I can't imagine it wouldn't be, but I can't find it with any searches so...

Can I use multiple outputs with M-Powered?

I'm running PT 7.3.1 on a MacBook Pro (10.4.10). I have a Firewire 410 (which has 10 analogue outs) and I have a Transit (which has light pipe). But I can't find anything either on the i/o part of the tracks or in the Setup > i/o menu dialogue box. Am I limited to Stereo (or two mono) outs because of my version of Pro Tools?

Cheers,

Pamela
Old 04-09-2008, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Multiple Outputs (through ligthtpipe) with M-Powered?

Transit is a stereo in/out only device. It has SPDIF optical, not ADAT.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:10 PM

You can only use 1 audio interface at a time with Pro Tools. I'm pretty sure being able to assign something to multiple outputs in Pro Tools is limited to TDM.

However, if you just want the same signal sent to multiple outputs on the 410, this can be done from the FireWire Control panel. On the Mixer tab you should see the different software returns. At the bottom of each column is an out section with boxes for all the outputs, and only the corresponding output is selected by default (i.e sw rtn 1/2 goes out 1/2, sw rtn 3/4 goes out 3/4 and so on). To route one of the returns to multiple outputs, simply click the additional output pairs you want the signal routed to.
Old 04-10-2008, 12:29 PM

It's not a question of which version you have. It depends on your audio interface. Like with Transit you only have two outputs. But with the Lightbridge you get 32 outputs. You have to activate the outputs in your M-Audio application first though.
Detlef.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:41 PM

Actually, if you dn't have that special cs version where they forgot to disable it, you're still limited to 18 outputs even with the ProFire lightbridge wich has 32 outs.

(as opposed to make music :/ )