Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 AM

Default Quicktime not working

Hello,

I've just bougth a new pc (HP Z600 workstation - Intel Xeon 2.4 Ghz -2 processors - 12GB RAM) and i'm working with windows 7 64 bit. I've instaled protools 9 and everithigs is working fine with audio. But i have a problem with video. I've instaled the quicktime for 64 bit version but it doens't open. I double click the shortcut and it simply doesn't react. When i open protools and i try to import a mov video the system cracks to. Just doens't work. Something worong is hapennig with the video files when i try to open it with Windows Media Player. I get an error message and it dont work. Can someone help?
Old 09-28-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Quicktime not working

You may want to try installing QT for 32 bit as Pro Tools is still a 32 bit program.

Cheers,
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 09-29-2011, 02:27 AM

That makes sense but i'm not sure if that will work because quicktime is automatically instaled with itunes. The itunes 32 bit wouldn't work on my machine 64 bit. I tried and i get this message saying that was detected that i had a more recent version of itunes in my system (even thoug i have unisntaled it).
But i'll try again and see.
I have some issue with basically all my video programs and i don't know why. even the Windows Media Player is not working. If i try to open videos it cracks and i get this message saying that the program stopped working. If i open audio i can listen for some seconds and after a while i get the exact same message. I don't know what to do.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:40 AM

Can someone help me to figure out what's going on with my system?
Could it have something to do with audio codecs incompability?
Old 10-03-2011, 07:14 AM

I tried to follow "the Weed's" advice and i have unistall the itunes and QT for 64 bit from my system (including the regestry key) and i have try to install the 32 bit version, but the instalitions cracks with a message saying that i have a 64 bit system and is not possible to install the 32 bit software.
How can i use QT with protools in my 64 bit operating system??????
Old 10-04-2011, 01:34 AM

Anyone is using itunes 64bit and quick time with no problems at all in a windows 7 professional system?
Please help!
Old 08-28-2012, 01:26 AM

Just to say that my problem was solved by updating the BIOS in HP Web site...