Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 01-06-2012, 01:29 AM

Default Re: Payback Delay..Why?

Didn't work... because this way i don't have latency but i get a buffer error while recording...
I've tried the low latency mode (on options) and so far is working. I wish it could work some other way... but anywyas, for now is working...
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 AM

Have you done all the recommended optimizations? You should be able to operate at those lower buffer settings with your system.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:17 AM

Default Re: Playback delay...Why?!

I´ve been recording using the low letency option, but that is limiting my work a lot. Like this protools don't alow me to uso EQ or any plug-ins in the same track i'm recording...

Is there any other lasting solution for tthis problem?
If i simply reduce the buffer size i get an error while recording as well... whats wrong with my system? Why do i have this problem and i didn't have it befor with an old PC?
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 AM

That is the way low latency monitoring works...it is necessary to shut down the plugins because they have latency.

Your only course is to use an external mixer if you don't want to use LLM.

I didn't see if you posted what interface you are using. Since this is an LE section of the forums, I must assume that you have some Avid interface. Most (all?) of these have some provision for routing that may solve your problem.

FWIW, I doubt that your new computer is the problem.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:19 AM

Sorry for the double post but I just noticed that you are using PT9....I should have read more carefully. That, of course, is not LE & does allow other interfaces.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:45 AM

I use the MBOX2 Pro... i was using it with my old pc and i didn't have latancy problem. Tha only thing that was changed was the pc and tha software. Now i use Windows 7 Pro 64bit and prottools 9.
I have install the latest drives for my MBox... i don't get why i have latency... Can someone help?
Old 02-03-2012, 04:02 AM

I did...but still sometimes i get bufer size error... now i'm working on a project where i can use the low latency option because i have to record with plug-ins on... i don't know what to do ... Can some one help... wht's wrong with my system? Why do i have latency? Should i change some hrdware or software? I was working with my old pc with no latency... i've bougth a new powerfull one and is worse?
I'm running ProTools 9 on windows 7 Pro 64bit... could it be somehow related to this?
Old 02-03-2012, 09:14 AM

Like albee said, it seems that lowering the buffer would be the simple solution. If that is not possible because of buffer size errors then...

A Google search of your RAM only turns up threads about other issues submitted by you. Is this the same RAM used on your older system that worked fine?

Are the RAM timings in the BIOS, for each module, 9-9-9-24?

Is your video card driver up-to-date with the driver from the vendor site (not the generic drivers installed with the standard Windows Update)?

FWIW, I've seen more issues here with PT 9.05 and 9.06 than anything before. I'm on 9.03.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:11 PM

You should really consider recording without any plug-ins active if possible. Plug-ins will always introduce some amount of latency, and will tend to cause errors at low buffer settings. Try disabling or removing all the plug-ins and then try recording at 64 and you'll probably find the errors stop if everything else is fine with your computer.

If you're using low-latency mode, then you're not hearing the effect of your plug-ins anyway. It's usually best to add plug-ins during mixdown rather than while tracking.

I can't explain why you would not have experienced the same exact behavior with your previous computer. What you described seems fairly normal regardless of the computer. Perhaps there's something else in your setup that changed? Are you using an external mixer with its own monitor send to the vocal booth?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 AM

Can someone figure out why i have latency?! How can i upgrad my system more so that i can stop latency (without to have to use a external soun mixer to process the sound)