Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 04-03-2008, 02:57 PM

Default Importing Kontakt files. Can you help?

Here's an interesting thing. I've got this session going...have a half dozen Structure and Kontakt plugs. However, about 60% of the time, when trying to load the session, it hangs up on one Kontakt plug...giving me a prompt saying "Loading Nylon", but it just sits there and never loads (so, the session never opens). So, today, I thought I'd do everything in Structure, thinking it was a Kontakt problem. Then I remembered that the files having problems are from a library called Acoustic Legends (guitar samples), and they open in Kontakt Player, not actually in Kontakt. And when I try to open those Acoustic Legends files in Structure, they don't seem to open. In Structure's browser, they look just like Kontakt files, but when I load them into Structure, I just get an empty patch.

So then I tried loading a Nylon Guitar from the main Kontakt library into Structure, and that worked fine. But these Acoustic Legend files just turn into an empty patch in Structure.

Any ideas? I really want to use these samples...but I want to try to do it in Structure so the session won't hang up when trying to load.

Thanks in advance,

J