Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2002, 10:22 AM

Default how do you send INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS to PT via reFuse?

I have Reason, reFuse and PT all working well together, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to send INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS from reason to PT via reFuse.

I can send the MIX L and MIX R easily, just not the individual channels. Suggestions?
Old 07-21-2002, 10:45 AM

Default Re: how do you send INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS to PT via reFuse?

I think i figured it out. i think Reason will not send more than two channels out unless you have a soundcard with multiple outputs on it.
Old 07-21-2002, 01:01 PM

Not really.
Im not sure why you need to compose in a seperate state than when you are recording.
If you send the first two channels from reason to Pro tools. then you hear everything as you create it. And then if you nee to send seperate tracks to Pro tools..then you can send each device on its own channel.
I guess the odd part of your method is the fact that you have two different set ups...one where you are composing..and another where you send it to pro tools.
The whole beauty of reFuse is that you just link em up and do it all at the same time.

Reason is a pretty deep app. You really should read the Manual.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:25 AM

I am replying to myself over and over, which is silly, but I am posting this in case some later reader needs the info. I was incorrect before. The soundcard limitation has no effect on the multiple outs from reason to pt via reFuse. I got an e-mail from Leigh that solved it. In reason it is necessary to turn the rack around (tab) and route the outs from all your sound modules etc into the audio out section -- NOT the mixer. that way it goes into lots of different channels. the time to do this is AFTER composing in reason and before trying to send it to pt. if you do it while you're just composing, you won't hear audio because there are only 2 audio outs EXCEPT WHEN REASON IS IN REWIRE MODE.

jla
Old 07-23-2002, 05:16 AM

Heyas,

Reason will allow mltiple outs, you just need to flip the rack around (tab) and instead of connecting the outputs of your synths to the mixer input channels, connect them to the Output device (You can see where the LR mix is connected). Hey presto, 16 channels of Rewire are yours...