Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2012, 09:41 AM

Default M-Audio Keyrig 49 problems

I don't get it, sometimes I load pro tools up and my Keyrig 49 midi controller works and sometimes it doesnt. It's brand new out of the box 3 weeks ago and I just downloaded the latest drivers to see if that would help. Doesnt seem to matter whether I keep it on at start up or turn it on right before I launch PT 10. It does show up in the "Setup" in PT. I've also tried using different USB ports.

Anybody have an Idea whats going on here? Currently it's not working with multiple restart and PT launches.

Thanks
Old 10-21-2012, 08:26 AM

Default Re: M-Audio Keyrig 49 problems

Hi,
I'm experiencing problems getting my keyrig 49 to work with Protools 9.0.6. My interface is an Apogee Ensemble via firewire. Both the Ensemble and PT work fine but unable to get the keyrig to work. It is plugged into my MacPro USB and powers up but no action. If you receive an answer to your problem please let me know. If anyone has a config doc, please let me know. Thanks.
Tim
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 AM

You'll have to get in touch with M-audio directly. M-audio is not owned by Avid anymore. Maybe someone here will be able to help you, but if you want technical support this is not the forum for it. Sorry.

Wave-T.com
Old 10-31-2012, 03:09 AM

Good day, I'm the owner of an M-Audio Key Rig 49 as well. The stand-alone software works well, but when I try to open it as an RTAS plugin on an Instrument Track in Pro Tools 10, I'll just get a blank (grey) window. I can play and hear a piano sound, but there is absolutely no way to change presets.

I have already installed the latest drivers for the keyboard and updated Key Rig Software to 1.1.0.4.6 (latest version on M-Audio website).
I'm using Windows 7 Premium 64-bit and Pro Tools 10.2. Mbox 2 Mini.
All software and drivers are up-to-date.

Do you have any advice? Should I contact M-Audio support, too?

Thank you in advance
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timersk View Post
Hi,
I'm experiencing problems getting my keyrig 49 to work with Protools 9.0.6. My interface is an Apogee Ensemble via firewire. Both the Ensemble and PT work fine but unable to get the keyrig to work. It is plugged into my MacPro USB and powers up but no action. If you receive an answer to your problem please let me know. If anyone has a config doc, please let me know. Thanks.
Tim
Hi

We just plugged in our Key49 in the front of the MacPro usb port with PT10HD Native running with a song up and it worked directly without doing anything. Then shut down the mac and restarted everything again in another song setup and works like a charm. We have 2 master keyboards aswell as outboard synths and gear but it doesnt affect keyrigg 49. Had one in the closet here so we thought we would try it on PT10HD and bang! Great easy to bring with you keyboard. We ran without any installer so you know.

Cheers
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————