Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2013, 12:50 PM

Default Do I have the EXP pack installed?

I just purchased the 11R form an online dealer, brand new. I was told I had the expansion pack installed, but when I look for the DC bass, for example I don't have that rig nor do I see the towel bar bass cab. I checked my firmware and it's version 2.0.1 but that does not mean I necessarily have the EXP pack installed correct?

I hoping I didn't get burned and now need to spend another $98.00

Thanks in advance
Old 03-02-2013, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Do I have the EXP pack installed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionstudios View Post
I just purchased the 11R form an online dealer, brand new. I was told I had the expansion pack installed, but when I look for the DC bass, for example I don't have that rig nor do I see the towel bar bass cab. I checked my firmware and it's version 2.0.1 but that does not mean I necessarily have the EXP pack installed correct?

Thanks in advance
If you have firmware 2.0.1, you have the ERXP; that's what the ERXP really is, a firmware update.

Where are you looking for the Bass amps, on the rack itself or using the on-screen editor?

If you can't see the bass amps in the on-screen editor then you probably don't have the correct UI files installed. What version of Pro Tools are you running?

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-02-2013, 01:07 PM

I am running Pro Tools 10. I was looking on the screen editor for the amps. How do I ensure I have the correct UI files installed? is there something from aAVIDS site I need to download.

Thanks for the help!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I am running Pro Tools 10. I was looking on the screen editor for the amps. How do I ensure I have the correct UI files installed? is there something from aAVIDS site I need to download.

Thanks for the help!
I am assuming you installed plain old PT10, if that is the case, then just update to the latest PT10 update (10.3.3), that includes the updated UI files.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...-3-3-Downloads

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-02-2013, 01:17 PM

AHHH......I have PT 10 version 10.1.2. I have not updated to the latest version because being a newer PT user (coming from Cubase 5 for many years) I always had issues with things working after installing updates. So I am of the mindset that if it's working and not "broke" don't tempt fait....LOL

Have there been any issues when update PT?

Thank you agian
Old 03-02-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:

Thanks in advance
If you have Firmware 2.01 you have the expansion pack in the actual unit. If the EXRP amp models are not displaying then theres something erong with your particular system. I would start by reinstalling Pro Tools 10. It should take about 7 minutes and hopefully solve the issue.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 03-02-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
AHHH......I have PT 10 version 10.1.2. I have not updated to the latest version because being a newer PT user (coming from Cubase 5 for many years) I always had issues with things working after installing updates. So I am of the mindset that if it's working and not "broke" don't tempt fait....LOL

Have there been any issues when update PT?

Thank you agian
I don't know, I'm still on PT9. But you can always go back to 10.1.2 if 10.3.3 causes problems.

You could run the first section of the ERXP installer to get the updated UI items, but it would be better to just update PT since they are included.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 03-02-2013, 05:34 PM

I downloaded the 10.3 upgrade and all is working well. The expansion pack is all there and everything is good! I also noticed how much faster PT is running after installing the upgrade.

Thanks to everyone for helping me