Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2003, 09:08 PM

Default PC/Mac compatibility save bug?

This has been causing me great nuisance, and I finally figured out that I think it's a bug.

Create a new session, maintain PC/Mac compatibility. Import some audio.

Close session. Rename session FOLDER with an asterix ("*"), a character not allowed. Try to open the session, you get a message asking where you would like to save converted audio/fade files. After you choose your location, Pro Tools gives the error message:

An assertion occured in "Sys_FileType.cpp", line 74

The session will not open at all. Before I figured out it was changing the folder name that was screwing it up, I created a new session and imported tracks, which caused Pro Tools to reconvert all the files (I'm guessing because they couldn't be stored in a directory with an asterix).

While this makes sense for maintaining compatibility, it tooks DAYS to figure out that this was the problem, and 2 different tech guys at Digi were completely stumped. This happens on LE systems as well.

Funny and stupid thing is, if you rename the SESSION document with an asterix in the finder, the session opens fine, even though Pro Tools technically shouldn't allow it.

Digi?