Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2010, 07:52 AM

Default Pro Tools M-Powered 8 - Upgrade Disc

Hi

Quick question on this, but, I have seen this for sale, and, what I want to know is, is this a standalone disc? (much like Apples Snow Leopard upgrade disc which is £25, but, will do a full install). Can I buy this disc and install PT8 simple as that? Or is there something else I need to know?

I am currently running Windows 7 64bit, so, no protools on there lol, and, this disc is £89.99, so, a little cheaper than a full blown one.

Also wondering what the reply here will be, as, I know on the OSX subject, Apple said "no, cant be done" before coming out later to admit that it does work, and, whether the answer here is a genuine no, or, a "no, you shouldnt do that" kinda thing?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:08 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 - Upgrade Disc

You can install from the disc, but you would still need an iLok and the proper M-Powered authorization on the iLok to be able to launch Pro Tools M-Powered.

Additionally you need a supported M-Audio interface.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools M-Powered 8 - Upgrade Disc

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
You can install from the disc, but you would still need an iLok and the proper M-Powered authorization on the iLok to be able to launch Pro Tools M-Powered.

Additionally you need a supported M-Audio interface.
Cheers for that, i wondered if that was the case. I have the hardware already, just not an ilok or the software. I contacted the vendor who also said that, I need an existing protools instalation. I reckon switching to LE is the best option