How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2010, 11:33 AM

Default Live rewire or MTC into PT...show me your workflow

I'm trying to figure out the best workflow for my needs :
When on the road, i would like to write/score music using Live and rewire or MTC it to my PT HD rig once i get back to my studio and keep working WITHOUT having to commit anything. Again, it's important that i can make changes to my Live session at any time right up until approval...so NO bouncing until mix time !

I'm curious how people use Live in this particular situation : as slave rewire into PT ( or any other DAW ) or Live MTC along PT.

show me you workflow !

Thanks
Old 06-13-2010, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Live rewire or MTC into PT...show me your workflow

When you say workflow...do you mean connection into PT or working with Live?

The thing with Live rewired into PT is that you can't use third-party plugins in Live so this is a limitation. You might just want to work with Live until you're sure you're done with what can be done in Live then bounce it over to PT and work from there. You have to understand that Live and PT are not made to interlock and be compatible in this way.
Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Ableton Live 10/Presonus Studio 3
Old 06-13-2010, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Live rewire or MTC into PT...show me your workflow

i realize the limitation of non 3rd party plugs in rewire mode....so when i'm on the road working with Live, i just use its native plugs and sampler wich is pretty good.

I absolutely need to be able to lock to PT ( rewire or MTC ) and keep working WITHOUT having to bounce tracks. I'm testing PT and Live rewired right now and aside from a few minor problems ( not sure it they are actual bugs or i'm doing something wrong ), it's almost giving me the ideal workflow that i'm after. Anybody else doing the Live and PT together ??