Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2016, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Air Instrument Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Who said that? I said for me it does not make sense. I already have tools that cover what the AIEP3 would give me. The only thing that is interesting to me personally is The Riser, but $129 is too much for just that. Since I already have Komplete I can get something similar to the riser for less. Plus, it looks like you are on Mac, I'm on Windows. AIR has not been great on my system with their installers erasing 60+GB of content upon install. I won't even consider the upgrade until I can get a guarantee that I will not have to spend 3+hrs reinstalling content that AIR erased.

So no, you didn't waste your money. I'm sure I have plenty of plugins that would be of no use to many people, but it doesn't mean I wasted my money.
I misunderstood the conversation.

MacPro 5.1 (12) Core (2009 MacPro 8 Core Upgraded to a 12 Core MacPro), 56 Gig Ram, SSD System & 3 - 2TB Drives, OSX 10.9.5, Windows 10 Via Bootcamp
Old 07-19-2016, 02:44 AM

It is once again the same nonsense with this company. Remember the dreadful situation in 2013 with corrupted downloads that they did not fix for a whole week and left customers hanging. Since then I have tried several times to contact them on their website and on the forum: no reply, ever! On the forum website it says "Air music tech employees are here to help" what a joke, never ever has anyone answered one of the problems posed.

Now in order to install ordinary updates (not upgrades) you have to go through the whole circus of installing and authorizing again. They could not be bothered to make it a nice easy system like for instance with Spectrasonics.

One thing is sure, I will never spend any more money on that company again.
Besides, their software is far from flawless, and they never bothered to fix it.
Old 07-19-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songman View Post
It is once again the same nonsense with this company. Remember the dreadful situation in 2013 with corrupted downloads that they did not fix for a whole week and left customers hanging. Since then I have tried several times to contact them on their website and on the forum: no reply, ever! On the forum website it says "Air music tech employees are here to help" what a joke, never ever has anyone answered one of the problems posed.

Now in order to install ordinary updates (not upgrades) you have to go through the whole circus of installing and authorizing again. They could not be bothered to make it a nice easy system like for instance with Spectrasonics.

One thing is sure, I will never spend any more money on that company again.
Besides, their software is far from flawless, and they never bothered to fix it.
Yeh the digital river thing and having to download full installers was a bit of a drag. I have however always found them responsive in comms via e-mail.
This guy.
Simon Bangs <[email protected]>