Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2019, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
If this is an example of you having a respectful conversation, then you have a lot to learn about respect. Shill? Broken promises? XXOO? Your tone is insulting and condescending to say the least.

The best way to judge the value of Pro Tools is to look at the sheer amount of audio work that gets done every day. I can assure you that none of us would be using it if it was as useless as you claim. Room to improve? Sure. There is always room for that! MIDI could be better, but it's workable for now. Certainly better than anything Pro Tools 11!!! I use Logic when I need MIDI power. And if Logic was better in every way, I'd probably stay there. But there is a lot to love about Pro Tools.

Steve
Like I stated in my post I do not respect the conduct of Janne here, and that's why there is lack of respect in my tone.

And if you look one or two pages back in this thread you'll find me commenting on the improvements I noticed especially in the past year and that I rely on PT and would love nothing more than to praise it.
I never said everything is bad. I specified what I think is bad a few times in this thread. And unless you comment on what I said instead of making up stuff I find you have some things to learn about respect and dialogue as well.

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock
Old 04-04-2019, 09:49 AM

Please keep it friendly... It may be time to review the "Community Terms of Use."

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 04-04-2019, 09:56 AM

The problem is... PTU is not working good with actual cpus and machines...
I use HDX with a very powerful machine... 91** and 61** Errors all the time. The CPU was at 4% and the HDX Cards have enouth free DSPs...
So i could not play a session to the end... After one minute Error...

In this way i cannot work at all... and that is a problem... A BIG one in comparsion to other bugs Logic or Nuendo has...Logic had a big problem with ARA2 (losing the edits and co). 2 weeks later a bugfix update appears... In Protools there are bugs, which are a year old..., never fixed... Delay compensation is a mess...

Sidechain DC does not work in native (every other daw can do that)...

So the only way to get a session play 5 minutes, is to disable all the things, actual Cpus bring. Hyperthreading and Turbo Boost... Sry this cannot be the solution... I am still thinking, that the upgrade system in the past was better, cause bug fixes were free and new features were released in a new version... Now we pay for bug fixes and not really for new features, except the coming in app purchases...

I hope, Avid is listening to all the problems, users have with their Software... I love PTU and HDX and hope 2019 will bring this daw into the world of TODAY...

Last edited by TrackerLe; 04-04-2019 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackerLe View Post
The problem is... PTU is not working good with actual cpus and machines...
I use HDX with a very powerful machine... 91** and 61** Errors all the time. The CPU was at 4% and the HDX Cards have enouth free DSPs...
So i could not play a session to the end... After one minute Error...

In this way i cannot work at all... and that is a problem... A BIG one in comparsion to other bugs Logic or Nuendo has...Logic had a big problem with ARA2 (losing the edits and co). 2 weeks later an bugfix update appears... In Protools there are bugs, which are a year old..., never fixed... Delay compensation is a mess...

I hope, Avid is listening to all the problems, users have with their Software... I love PTU and HDX and hope 2019 will bring this daw into the world of TODAY...
^^^ this.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:11 AM

avid is a ball of sardines slowly being picked apart by mba types. There is no reason they shouldnt be ready for a os change by now except they probably laid off the people that do that and are fumbling along trying to get it done with 1 or 2 people.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
avid is a ball of sardines slowly being picked apart by mba types. There is no reason they shouldnt be ready for a os change by now except they probably laid off the people that do that and are fumbling along trying to get it done with 1 or 2 people.
Certainly understaffed, and probably underappreciated.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme Mixing View Post
The best way to judge the value of Pro Tools is to look at the sheer amount of audio work that gets done every day.
That's a decent gauge for its popularity, but not a solid gauge for its value. A sweatshop outputs an impressive amount of sheer work every day, and that's a great value for the company who runs it, but would we say that a sweatshop is producing the finest products? Is it the best method of productivity for the community as a whole? Or even the industry in which it's involved?

Few people *really* have confusion about why it's an industry standard (i.e. producing a large amount of audio work every day) -- many people have legitimate frustrations over its shortcomings and anger over the way in which Avid is run. Legitimate concerns.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
That's a decent gauge for its popularity, but not a solid gauge for its value. A sweatshop outputs an impressive amount of sheer work every day, and that's a great value for the company who runs it, but would we say that a sweatshop is producing the finest products? Is it the best method of productivity for the community as a whole? Or even the industry in which it's involved?

Few people *really* have confusion about why it's an industry standard (i.e. producing a large amount of audio work every day) -- many people have legitimate frustrations over its shortcomings and anger over the way in which Avid is run. Legitimate concerns.
They operate as a monopoly in the pro space. And we all trade off not actually being customers for the interchangeability and seamless integration of many peoples work. They could do nothing but bug fixes and os updates for the next 50 years and the software would still be the standard.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilterDecay View Post
They operate as a monopoly in the pro space. And we all trade off not actually being customers for the interchangeability and seamless integration of many peoples work. They could do nothing but bug fixes and os updates for the next 50 years and the software would still be the standard.
If only they would do bug fixes and OS updates in a timely manner. Not sure they will stay the standard. HDX will eventually go away and I can't see PCIe in the future. When the current hardware is no longer supported, they might see a lot of people finding other options. Their hardware is certainly not the standard as it is.

https://soundcloud.com/jason-kalman
Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 PM

Certainly dont understand a lot of this complaining. Weve used mulitiple stations since 2011, everyday for massiive budget series...all running pt 10 . How can we complain with virtually no crashes and happy clients who love what we do? I just dont get it