Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2004, 09:12 AM

Default Procedure entry point - error

I just purchased Pro Tools and the Mbox within the last two weeks. Unfortunately, I have to say, I am already unimpressed with the level of tech support from Digidesign. Telephone support has long hold times and the hours of operation are completely inconvenient for someone like me who works during the day. I have emailed my error questions to tech support, and after five days now, have not heard anything back from them. I am very frustrated because I can't even open Pro Tools. Anyway enough of my complaining.

I installed Pro Tools per the instructions in the Getting Started guide. The only thing I was unable to do was "Disable Hyper-Threading". I am not very code-savvy. There were no step by step instructions to do this.

When I click on the desktop Pro Tools icon to open it, I get this error message: "The procedure entry point _IsWindowsKeyDown@0 could not be located in the dynamic link library KeyFilter.dll".

After I click on OK, I get a second error message: "A required DLL file, Cfd.dll was not found".

I have no idea what to do to resolve these errors and start using Pro Tools. I can't call tech support during the week because I am at work. I haven't heard anything from the email tech support. I am turning to you in the users group for help.

Thanks, Jeff
Old 01-31-2004, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Procedure entry point - error

1 - hyperthreading in most cases does not affect PT. You can keep it. But to disable, when you start windows, press F2 or something to get into setup ( before windows loads) . In the BIOS setup page you should find the option to disable Hyperthreading.

2- try uninstalling and reinstalling PT. A driver may have been corrupted during the install

3 - disable any othe ron board sound device - especially soundblaster as this, in some cases, will react badly with the PT drivers.

4- DIGI tech support is the best I've encountered. Of course, being out east gives me till 7:00 PM to get in touch. If you want long hold times, call Microsft
-HD I/O 8x8x8. -HD Omni -Avid S3

-API 2500 -API 5500 -UA 2-1176 -UA 2-610
-Neve 1073, Chandler LTD-1 -Eventide H8000FW -Lexicon PCM96
-Bricasti M7. -Joe Meek channel.

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 01-31-2004, 10:59 AM

Hello there Jeff,

Don't get frustrated...there is a lot of good help and great people on this forum, so help is just a few clicks away.

1) when you post, should give as much detail about your computer setup as possible ;
Quote:
The only thing I was unable to do was "Disable Hyper-Threading".
this is for Intel (Pentium) CPUs only ! What do you have ??

2) follow Cliffy's advice and reinstall PT LE

3) seeing that you're from Colorado, that is all the help you'll get from me
I'm a hardcore St.Louis Blues fan...and you guys are in my way !!

happy tooling & cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-31-2004, 11:11 AM

Quote:
seeing that you're from Colorado, that is all the help you'll get from me

Good point Lemix. Aren't they the guys that stole Patrick Roy from us and we haven't been in the playoffs since?

-Waves Mercury, Flux all, Softube All, Plugin Alliance all, McDSP all, Sonnox All, MH production, Wave Arts,a bunch more
-Moog Voyager XL, Nord Piano, Hartmann Neuron, ARP Axxe, Gibson Les Paul, Mesa Boogie Roadster, Kemper, Taylor T5 and T5-12
Old 01-31-2004, 11:26 AM

Oh yeah Cliffy...
Quote:
Aren't they the guys that stole Patrick Roy from us and we haven't been in the playoffs since?

>>absolutely...but...don't you fear my friend, the time will come !! that high altitude will slow them down, eventually

cheers,

W7 pro 64_i7 3930K_16GB_ Nuendo 6.5.4-7.1.3 / PT 12.4 ------Mac Mini OSX Lion_PT 10.xx
Allen&Heath GS R-24M_ full rack of vintage analog boxes _UAD2_Nugen_iZotope_Melda_Waves_Plugin Alliance_DMG and more
2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-31-2004, 01:43 PM

Thanks for your help, but... I tried uninstalling/re-installing three times with no effect. I still get the same two error messages.

I also looked for the hyperthreading in the setup and couldn't find anything that mentioned it. Hope that is not a big deal.

By the way, I have a Pentium 4, 1.4 Ghz running XP.
Any other ideas?

Thanks, Jeff
Old 01-31-2004, 01:47 PM

Oh, forgot to mention...

Colorado seems to be where NHL stars come to find a championship. Patrick Roy, Ray Bourque, Rob Blake, Paul Kariya, etc.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:06 PM

yeah yeah yeah

Check the sound card in the system. Try disabling it and see if you get lucky. You're from Colorado, you get my old Quebec Nordiques a year before they would've won the cup. So you must be lucky - I'm sure you'll end with the best PT machine ever made. Check the sound card.

Old 01-31-2004, 02:19 PM

Jeff,

I am by no means an expert with PT yet, but it seems you've installed an incorrect version of the software, as this error likely relates to a non existing digi driver.
Have you had PT free before ? Did you completely un install before the three new attempts?
Go and dig in the digi answerbase...

Cliffy>> chill man, they will choke. Patrick is gone now...the Blues will take care of that in the playoffs.

cheers,

2.0 and 5.1 monitoring
Old 01-31-2004, 02:50 PM

Its hard Andrew - with José TheOpenDore at the posts, I don't prepurchase tickets for the playoffs. In fact, I root for the Leafs these days. Hey, at least I'm patriotic